When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full Review of EL's PAM 187... and comparison with WatchHonpo version

V

One day after and the watch is keeping COSC time.. +8 sec per day wich is AMAZING..

Both my old Asian 7750 are not so good time-keepers and it AMAZES me that the new one keeps so Excellent time.. :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

PLUS.. I tried to remove the numbers to superglue them with a very VERY tough glue.

I couldn't remove them even if i tried. Don't know if they are screwed but they are very very hard to take them off without scratching the bezel. So I left it that way. :)

that is good news V....

the numbers are what I was afraid of...that they don't fell off...that is what I will check as soon as i get it...

all the little flaws are ok...It is only a rep...

and BTW...about the mvt...is nice to hear that it keeps good time...

the crown in watchspo pan 187 is much much better than el version crown

the el version crown is not like the genuine :thumbdown::thumbdown:

sorry i mean the crown guard

Strange.. they CG look exactlly the same to me (KEN's and EL's)

After browsing through the threads for the past few days, I must say I'm glad to read the positive reviews of the new 187, esp with a new Asian 7750 version. Disappointed to say that my 187s from Ken had let me down again and again with the chronos problems and all in all, I was fairly disappointed because the exterior built of this watch is so impressive but the movement never quite made the mark. Not to mention that I have paid quite a hefty sum for these.

As for EL's 187, besides the obvious differences pointed out by several members, one distinct difference I can see is the construction of the bezel markers. They seemed more rounded around the edges in ELs whereas on Ken's, they are more well 'cut' around the edges.

There is a also minor difference in the CG as well, on the internal border where it houses the crown. The border should have a '>' shape (less steep of course). I don't have Ken's 187 with me at the moment but I have my gen with me so this is as much as I can observe.

Good to see that the 187 has finally resurfaced. Now, we just have to wait for a 7753. :)

There is a also minor difference in the CG as well, on the internal border where it houses the crown. The border should have a '>' shape (less steep of course). I don't have Ken's 187 with me at the moment but I have my gen with me so this is as much as I can observe.

I think both KEN's and EL's have the same CG.. and both different from the genuine as you said..

Check your Ken's CG and compare it with the gen when you go home :)

Are the subdials on the EL version all recessed? Some of the pictures make it look like they are not. All three subdials on the gen are clearly recessed. Otherwise, I think the EL version looks great.

Also, there have been some pretty good reviews of the new Asian 7750b movement. Has it gotten to the point where the upgrade to Swiss 7750 may not be worth it?

Are the subdials on the EL version all recessed? Some of the pictures make it look like they are not. All three subdials on the gen are clearly recessed. Otherwise, I think the EL version looks great.

Also, there have been some pretty good reviews of the new Asian 7750b movement. Has it gotten to the point where the upgrade to Swiss 7750 may not be worth it?

Yes all the subdials are recessed.

Aboput the movement, till now my 7750b1 keeps COSC time and is smooth and chronos work perfect...

If you are lucky to get a good one I think it is great!!!

• 3 months later...
I'm sorry but I'll have to ask as much as it sounded stupid.

Somehow I figured out....to be exact...I had an impression that buckle from a rubber strap couldnt be fitted on a regular leather strap?

Am I wrong guys?

Yes you are wrong.. It fits perfect ;)

• 9 months later...
He means why dig up a corpse of a thread to make this point? :huh:

Because I just got my 187, thats why! Not everyone HAS TO HAVE something IMMEDIATELY like a little kid! Am I not allowed to post in threads older than 5days or what?

Back in the days you were all bitchin about noobs opening new threads instead of using the SEARCH function, and now I do it 'right' and all of a sudden this is a bad thing?

That is a good answer. Congrats on your purchase. My search for the holy grail continues. :lol: I returned the original 7753 I had bought due to the poor case and bezel and am now trying to acquire the dial only and incorporate it into the original honpo. That should take me a year to finish that one.

That is a good answer. Congrats on your purchase. My search for the holy grail continues. :lol: I returned the original 7753 I had bought due to the poor case and bezel and am now trying to acquire the dial only and incorporate it into the original honpo. That should take me a year to finish that one.

the new 187 with 7753 was long waited by many members...but i think that you W were the only one that really pulled the trigger on this one (the only improvement i would say it's the mvt)...I am still stuck with the EL's 187 that lost a couple of markers...got the spare case but what I don't have is a good watchmaker that can do the swap...and i don't want to send it all around the world for a repair like that...it's been almost a year that the watch sits in my watch case...and it's one of my fav's.... :wounded1: