When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi, looking to buy my first quality rep

Hi,

I've finished uni and now want a premium watch. I thought I was crazy for obsessing over pictures of rep watches but after reading around the forum I've decided to go with a rep or two before eventually taking the plunge with a gen.

The gens I'm interested in are the PO and the black SMP so these two are straight on the rep list, but now I'm thinking damn, why not get an SOSF too? I gather this is normal behaviour around here so I guess I'll fit in nicely.

For someone that needs a bit of reassurance that these reps are not going to have people calling me out on my watch would you guys recommend the UPO or the SOSF as the first purchase?

Cheers,

Kris

chris,

the first quality rep you should purchase is an MBW 1680. have it lumed by The Zigmeister and mod the CGs if necessary. after collecting reps and gens for yrs i bot an mbw and realized how much higher the quality is of that watch vs. 95% of all other reps. i am now only acquiring/building very special watches and will at some point let go of the dozens that sit lining a display case. good luck and don't make the mistake many noobs do of going out and buying everything in sight for 6 mos, then realizing that the thrill of the hunt wears off (quickly in some cases) and you wind up with a pile of watches you are not totally in love with.