When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 187 on XaMas

sevomd

I for one and I'm sure some others here feel that the strap is just as important as the watch. The XaMas is worth every penny to me especially if bought for less than retail prce. This particular one I got for $150 which is an incredible price. Once in a while you can find these bargains if you check out the P*** site often enough.

Eddy

Just got my Dark Brown XaMas on my 187. Which do you like better the tan or the brown? Eddy

I love it, E. It's gorgeous. This is a strap I would wear in the fall/winter. In spring/summer, I like to wear light leathers - but, this is me. Can we see a shot with the strap and head laying flat?

Eddy...i prefer the light brown XaMas...even if both are :wub: ...

i agree with you that the strap is very important but I think it is silly to pay 2xx $ for a strap if you can have it at half of that price and still it is a great looking and great quality strap...

cheers!

way too much for a strap....paying it as a watch...NO WAY JOSE!...I can appreciate the look of it...and the quality...but what is too much is too much!...

Yes, I am curious also . . . is the XaMas a step above the rest? It certainly is beautiful, though these days there seems to be many visually equally beautiful straps for the $100-150 range. Is the XaMas super soft, or is there a feel of quality that is not apparent in the pics? I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on an XaMas, but based mainly on the ooh ahh factor that it seems to generate here. Please share thoughts. Thanks.

(Btw, everytime I see XaMas, I read it as Xmas, which then translates in my head as Christmas. So, I read it as Christmas strap. I can't be the only one . . . lol.)

(Btw, it's 4am and I can't sleep. But, I've been running my 187 chrono now for about 10 hours straight to get the oil running through the gears (I think). But, to my eyes, it seems that the second hand sweep has smoothened out. And, I'm still within 10 seconds - yahoo!!)

Unless you have the strap and see it in person and have it around your wrist it you cannot apprecitae the craftmanship of this strap. I have had almost evry strap come through my hands and this blows every strap away even the PAV 99. It is like the difference between the feel of a gen Panerai and a rep Panerai. There's just something different about the gen... same with the Strapmaster.

Eddy

Unless you have the strap and see it in person and have it around your wrist it you cannot apprecitae the craftmanship of this strap. I have had almost evry strap come through my hands and this blows every strap away even the PAV 99. It is like the difference between the feel of a gen Panerai and a rep Panerai. There's just something different about the gen... same with the Strapmaster.

Eddy

That's so true... but still cannot justify to give that amount of money for it...

Although when I got my 22/22 XaMas I was considering to buy a watch just for the strap :p