When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Non-Branded "Sterile Watches"

USMC8404

Good morning all:

I am still relatively new here on this forum but I cannot believe the amount of information I have acquired in the short time I have been a member of RWG. I have always been a fan of nice watches. I remember visiting ADs as far back as high school. I was drawn to the Rolex display case in particular. Not by the name as much as the no nonsense design and functional beauty of the watches. Like most of us on this board, I was particularly enamored by the Rolex Subs.

Of course as a school kid I could not afford to purchase a car, let alone a high end watch. I put the passion to own a Rolex away for many years. I owned some nice watches during the years between then and now, but they were usually Seiko, Citizen, or Victronox Swiss Army watches. I even had a few Timex watches.

About a year ago I realized that I could finally afford to buy a Rolex if I wanted to so I went to the AD again to look around. It was then that it hit me. Although I could now afford to buy one, the desire to own one was not so strong (at that price point anyway). The saying,

post-11445-1216562963_thumb.jpg

post-11445-1216563014_thumb.jpg

post-11445-1216563054_thumb.jpg

post-11445-1216563099_thumb.jpg

I would buy one of these generics if I could find one with reasonably comparable quality to the Rolex Sub or GMT it copies. I'm curious; where did you find these generic homage watches? I've seen many from name brands that closely copy Rolex, but never a total generic. I'm especially curious about the GMT. Do you know what kind of movement it has?

I would buy one of these generics if I could find one with reasonably comparable quality to the Rolex Sub or GMT it copies. I'm curious; where did you find these generic homage watches? I've seen many from name brands that closely copy Rolex, but never a total generic. I'm especially curious about the GMT. Do you know what kind of movement it has?

Not sterile, but the Steinhart Ocean 1s are pretty phenominal quality and look 99.9% identical to the Rollies. Homer sells the completely generic ones on the bay.

Not sterile, but the Steinhart Ocean 1s are pretty phenominal quality and look 99.9% identical to the Rollies. Homer sells the completely generic ones on the bay.

Yes, you are correct. They came from homer's ebay store. All of these watches contain ETA 2836-2 movements. The GMT has a modified version.

I made my own, i still have a few dials left if any one is interested, they require noob date overlays and the feed repositioning

DSCN3089-1.jpg

And the lume, best i have beter than my seiko and my fiddy and any other gen i have.

DSCN3047.jpg

This was a simple phone cam with the lights off in the bathroom, no long exposure nothing i just closed the curtains and toook it after this shot

DSCN3042.jpg

I made my own, i still have a few dials left if any one is interested, they require noob date overlays and the feed repositioning

DSCN3089-1.jpg

And the lume, best i have beter than my seiko and my fiddy and any other gen i have.

DSCN3047.jpg

This was a simple phone cam with the lights off in the bathroom, no long exposure nothing i just closed the curtains and toook it after this shot

DSCN3042.jpg

I might be interested in a few generic dials. Please PM me with details if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks.