When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Laguna Seca MotoGP

Dani

WHAT A GREAT RACE MY PREDICTIONS WAS SPOT ON :D Stoner crash Rossi win coud not be better :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was so happy after the race i almost shed some tears..

Go The KING Valentino Rossi.

Stoner whished for a more clean race due to his lack of fighting skills on the track, go wimpy Stoner race pocket bikes wimpy lets see you do what Rossi did infirior bike but still fights and WINS.,.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES BEST DAY THIS YEAR IN MOTOG NOW HOLIDAY UNTIL BRUNO WHERE I WILL BE TO SEE THE RACE :victory:

Cheers,

Daniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

It was a nice race and I admit I screamed "YESSSS" when I saw Stoner hit the dirt :)

For Stoner's sake, he'd better not get in a fight with Rossi. This is what drove two great drivers (Biaggi and Gibernau) out of racing in the end. Even today, Gibernau, after doing some very good laps on a Ducatti commented that he doesn't feel like taking on again the Heat of competitive racing (... against Rossi)

Looking forward to more races like this, regardless if in the end the machine will win the Doc.

Top quote:

Rossi:

"I really only made one mistake, at the corkscrew when I went a bit wide but in fact the dirt had quite good grip also! " !crazy!

One of the all time greats of recent years.

Shame Stoner is a bad loser as well as a smug, traction control reliant winner.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...kes/7516510.stm

:p

wwwwwwooooooooooooooooow what whimp Stoner is that overtaking Rossi did was clean and more then ok..

Stoner shoud look at him self he begins to cry when his duc don't have the 20km/t advantage in the straights like last year :lol:

Rossi is the all time greatest he can fight like no other and he always wins whit grace and lose whit grace what a champion.

Just order a silver 46 ring to celibrate. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It was a nice race and I admit I screamed "YESSSS" when I saw Stoner hit the dirt :)

For Stoner's sake, he'd better not get in a fight with Rossi. This is what drove two great drivers (Biaggi and Gibernau) out of racing in the end. Even today, Gibernau, after doing some very good laps on a Ducatti commented that he doesn't feel like taking on again the Heat of competitive racing (... against Rossi)

Looking forward to more races like this, regardless if in the end the machine will win the Doc.

Top quote:

Rossi:

"I really only made one mistake, at the corkscrew when I went a bit wide but in fact the dirt had quite good grip also! " !crazy!

For those who remeber Pillip Island when Rossi had 10sec over Capirex then he did a mistake and pass on yellow flag he got a 10sec pentalty 11 or 12 laps to go he sprung to over 20sec lead to second place Capirex :D Rossi is great and as you say if Stoner whants to go into a mental battle whit Rossi then he will regret it very soon..

Guest farquar

Hmmm..Rossi fan club going strong eh?

I met a lot of the moto gp boys because of my job..Let me tell you this..Stoner is a great guy, straight shooter and mature beyond his age..All this gibber about his bike being faster, better TC...BULLCRAP..Come on people, that Ducati is about to finish Melandri's career..He didnt do too shabby on a honda now did he? The only other guy close to actually riding that thing is Guintoli. you think the other bikes dont have TC? You do realize that this is prototype racing right?

Remember Catalunya last year to admire Stoners front running skills. Yes Rossi got to him this time and he should control his post race emotions a bit better but..I remember a certain Mr. Rossi crapping all over Elias, accusing him with with aggresive moves not too long ago. (Estoril 2 years ago and many other occasions..And he did have a point on a lot of occasions I guess, that dude can be nuts)

So stop the hatred and embrace the best season of racing for a long time. There are 3 amazing talents out there that can win a race with the right package on any weekend..It will be a close one this year..I hope we get to see this kind of battles for the rest of the season. It aint over yet;;

Edited by farquar

I met a lot of the moto gp boys because of my job..Let me tell you this..Stoner is a great guy, straight shooter and mature beyond his age..All this gibber about his bike being faster, better TC...BULLCRAP..Come on people, that Ducati is about to finish Melandri's career..He didnt do too shabby on a honda now did he? The only other guy close to actually riding that thing is Guintoli. you think the other bikes dont have TC? You do realize that this is prototype racing right?

Remember Catalunya last year to admire Stoners front running skills. Yes Rossi got to him this time and he should control his post race emotions a bit better but..I remember a certain Mr. Rossi crapping all over Elias, accusing him with with aggresive moves not too long ago. (Estoril 2 years ago and many other occasions..And he did have a point on a lot of occasions I guess, that dude can be nuts)

So stop the hatred and embrace the best season of racing for a long time. There are 3 amazing talents out there that can win a race with the right package on any weekend..It will be a close one this year..I hope we get to see this kind of battles for the rest of the season. It aint over yet;;

I'm no blind rossi fan and I'm sure Stoner is a nice guy when you aren't kicking his ass on track. However he showed his true colours by refusing to shake Rossi's hand, hard racing or no hard racing it's the mark of a weak man who just lost a lot of respect by his petulant behaviour.

Regarding his brilliant use of modern electronics (and I mean that sincerely)- he's the master at getting the most out of the Duke's electronic aids. Take them away and he'd be a crasher just like he always used to be.

I too also hope we see more of these battles and also that we might see a single tyre manufacturer and NO electronic aids at some point in the future. Then we'll see who has really got the talent.

Trust me i give creds where cred is due..

Stoner is a good rider he has found a way to control the ducati that alone is worth alot of cred, yes the others have not but that dont meen he does not have an advantage on the ducati..

Year 2007 he won becasue of 2 things better bike better tyers what happend in almost all head to head battles?Yes Rossi won this year same..

But to say the Rossi overtaking at laguna was not clean, WTF that overtaking that Rossi did is what we WHANT TO SEE V.Rossi also now this he now we all love what he did..You cant compere Elias to Rossi dude Elias is crazy and i em still scared if he is infront of Rossi becasue he is to wild..Rossi now excatly what he is doing when breaking Elias is gambling since he has nothing big to lose..

I have followed every race since 2000/2001 i don't even go out in the weekends to party when race is on i watch live timings,races,everything live so party is on hold for me motogp is part of my life i love it..

also that we might see a single tyre manufacturer and NO electronic aids at some point in the future. Then we'll see who has really got the talent.

I so whant this also pleas next year all on same tyer PLEAS,.,

farquar thank You for your input. I will be happy to hear more stories that never see the light of motogp.com or crash.net.

I know that Hopkins is a cool guy too. Is that true?

No disrespect was meant for Stoner. Actually he IS a faster racer and he has the QT, free rides, and fast race laps to prove it.

But a better racer he is not. It took him 24 laps trying to figure where to overpass Rossi, trying every time to overpass in the same straight. Like a stubborn kid that will try the same thing until it sticks. Well in the end he fell (pun non intended) in the trap of missbraking that Rossi laid for him. Twice at that.

He and Dani, so far, lack the mental attitude and analytical skills that is needed to beat the best.

Remember Dani lowsiding Nicky out of the title? Unless he was paid to do that, what does his lack of restrain indicate? Every time one of them gets ahead of the pack in the start of the race they usually end up focusing better and running a perfect race. But Rossi has delivered his best laps under pressure, and it is this excitement that he adds to the sport. Don't crack under pressure. Reminds me a Tag ad with Senna.

I believe KcS will grow even better out of this battle, and give us a couple of more nice races/championships in the following years. He seems like a genuinely good guy, living his dream, and being top at what he does.

Regarding TC, a couple of KcS slides were way wider than I am used to see in the races. And what was phenomenal is that the monster would not push for a high side. That is all KcS's body control and he should get all credit for it. Of course the monster is tuned to this ridding style, and this is what has thrown Melandri to the low part of the pack. That or Melandri has been enjoying one too many proseccos during last season :)

PS: Regarding Elias, he did cost Rossi the world title...If Elias was riding for the title, I would forgive it, but playing rough for a couple of laps so that You can get in the spot light is not 'racing' in my book.

Guest farquar
I'm no blind rossi fan and I'm sure Stoner is a nice guy when you aren't kicking his ass on track. However he showed his true colours by refusing to shake Rossi's hand, hard racing or no hard racing it's the mark of a weak man who just lost a lot of respect by his petulant behaviour.

Regarding his brilliant use of modern electronics (and I mean that sincerely)- he's the master at getting the most out of the Duke's electronic aids. Take them away and he'd be a crasher just like he always used to be.

I too also hope we see more of these battles and also that we might see a single tyre manufacturer and NO electronic aids at some point in the future. Then we'll see who has really got the talent.

Well..Seeing that you seem to talk out of your butt(No pun intended) Im not going to drag this. Where do you get this valuable inside information? Please share?

Stoner was on a [censored] customer honda his first year(On a tiny team: Contact De Puniet) and he wasnt getting the SAME variety of michelins that Rossis of this world were getting(Most of his crashes were front hand wash outs)..Even with this he got the first pole of the year and almost won a race in İstanbul. Michelins problem is the new rule restricting the tyres used by riders on a weekend..They had it so good before with overnight shipped tyres on a race weekend...

You have no right of critisizing a team or a rider for using TC on a prototype racing class...They fu...d it up when they went 800cc..Now they cant run these HIGH revving monsters wout TC aids..Look at the crashes and people getting injured this year even with all these aids. WAY TO GO DORNA!!! Its soooooooo much safer nooow!

And 1 tyre rule is no answer either, again on a prototype class...(Look at F1, or superbike on joke pirellis..Single tyre rule can suck too)

Dani..I admire your passion...I just get upset when people go about motorracing the same way as football...

Geo...I love Rossi too.He is just not a great racer but a master at politics and f..g with peoples minds, all fair game at this level. Lets remember that he change the rulebook almost for those bridgestones..And if he doesnt win the championship this year..He is out of excuses.

Edited by farquar

Well..Seeing that you seem to talk out of your butt(No pun intended) Im not going to drag this. Where do you get this valuable inside information? Please share?

Stoner was on a [censored] customer honda his first year(On a tiny team: Contact De Puniet) and he wasnt getting the SAME variety of michelins that Rossis of this world were getting(Most of his crashes were front hand wash outs)..Even with this he got the first pole of the year and almost won a race in İstanbul. Michelins problem is the new rule restricting the tyres used by riders on a weekend..They had it so good before with overnight shipped tyres on a race weekend...

You have no right of critisizing a team or a rider for using TC on a prototype racing class...They fu...d it up when they went 800cc..Now they cant run these HIGH revving monsters wout TC aids..Look at the crashes and people getting injured this year even with all these aids. WAY TO GO DORNA!!! Its soooooooo much safer nooow!

And 1 tyre rule is no answer either, again on a prototype class...(Look at F1, or superbike on joke pirellis..Single tyre rule can suck too)

Dani..I admire your passion...I just get upset when people go about motorracing the same way as football...

I don't converse with people who can't seem to keep a civil tongue in their heads and therefore have no further interest in replying to you further on this or any other topic.

I will of course continue to share my opinion with those capable of conversing without resorting to childish name calling. B)

Guest farquar
I don't converse with people who can't seem to keep a civil tongue in their heads and therefore have no further interest in replying to you further on this or any other topic.

I will of course continue to share my opinion with those capable of conversing without resorting to childish name calling. B)

No name calling man, I dont do that on the internet. to people I dont know..I was just pointing out to a FACT and asking you a legit question. You do as you please of course;;

Geo...I love Rossi too.He is just not a great racer but a master at politics and f..g with peoples minds, all fair game at this level. Lets remember that he change the rulebook almost for those bridgestones..And if he doesnt win the championship this year..He is out of excuses.

wtf are you saying about Rossi just this line shows your lack of understanding of the sport..After this line i have no int talking motogp whit you and i woud think 99% of all kotogp int people share my opinion.

Rossi had tyer problems whit michellin he gave them all the chances in the world but they failed so Rossi whent to the best at the moment..

I agree to singel tyre regulation due to i em not a fan of have the tyers become the decising factor on qval and race day its better to have man and machine not tyres as the end factor but again i also understand why it is like now due to evolving and making new and better tyers.

Honda to Yamaha show one thing and one ting only not one person will ever be as great as Valentino Rossi..I can bet 100k$ on that..If you feel i em wrong thake the bet B)

Cheers

Guest farquar
wtf are you saying about Rossi just this line shows your lack of understanding of the sport..After this line i have no int talking motogp whit you and i woud think 99% of all kotogp int people share my opinion.

Rossi had tyer problems whit michellin he gave them all the chances in the world but they failed so Rossi whent to the best at the moment..

I agree to singel tyre regulation due to i em not a fan of have the tyers become the decising factor on qval and race day its better to have man and machine not tyres as the end factor but again i also understand why it is like now due to evolving and making new and better tyers.

Honda to Yamaha show one thing and one ting only not one person will ever be as great as Valentino Rossi..I can bet 100k$ on that..If you feel i em wrong thake the bet B)

Cheers

Dani if you actually learn english you might have a better chance of understanding WTF im saying. You go ahead and enjoy whatever you enjoy..Rossi is the greatest yes, but did he have competition like he does now thru his career? Well we shall see..Im not a fanboy dude, dont u drag me into this...Carry on.

Dani if you actually learn english you might have a better chance of understanding WTF im saying. You go ahead and enjoy whatever you enjoy..Rossi is the greatest yes, but did he have competition like he does now thru his career? Well we shall see..Im not a fanboy dude, dont u drag me into this...Carry on.

You shoud just be happy i write and talk some english.

Why you not learn my langued and we can talk same idea just as dumb also.

Yes he had the same competition in 500 and the 3 last year in motogp 990.And i em talking rider quality not bike superiority.

I i em one of those that dont belive their so many "better" riders this year its just have they adapt to the bike (800cc) and have fast they can do that..Yes we have Jorge and Dovi but that is evelution they are the new top riders from 250cc just like Rossi was back in the day and time will tell who of them will be the great one..

If we still where on 990 machines i think we woud see something diffrent in terms of who is the better one.

Fanboy?, man quit your jiba jaba i like many riders other then Rossi but he is my idol what he does on the bike is like magic and when you look at him riding for so many years its hard not to look at him as the greatest motorsport idol in the world.

This person on BBC chat said it so good.

Onto the points about Rossi bottling in against Hayden. Rossi binned it in the final race but at least he was man enough to own up to his mistake and wish hayden congratulations on winning the WC. Having said that everybody with a brain knows that if Rossi hadnt had his bike break down 4 times during the season he wouldve won the title by a good few points making the last race irrelevant. But i dont hold a grudge against Hayden because he is a nice guy. Stoner is a petulant teenager akin to Alonso and he will always be like that and for that reason i hope Rossi walks all over him.

And this i quoted from another person their

Its beyond me how anyone can be critical of Rossi for yesterdays incredible performance. It was an amazing contest, credit to both Rossi and Stoner.

Should Rossi have moved aside and let Stoner use his mechanical advantage to win? Of course not. If thats the case then why have the race? lets just decide the winner by who sets the fastest lap in qualifying.

The few Rossi's knockers on here can't appreciate what they saw, luckily anyone who knows about bike racing can, and thats why there is no question at all of any action being taken against Rossi for dangerous riding.

He is incredible, brave, passionate but most of all he remains sincerely humble. Thats why we love him in both in victory and in defeat.

When i read this is whish i woud write better english they say what i like to say realy :)

You shoud just be happy i write and talk some english.

Why you not learn my langued and we can talk same idea just as dumb also.

Yes he had the same competition in 500 and the 3 last year in motogp 990.And i em talking rider quality not bike superiority.

I i em one of those that dont belive their so many "better" riders this year its just have they adapt to the bike (800cc) and have fast they can do that..Yes we have Jorge and Dovi but that is evelution they are the new top riders from 250cc just like Rossi was back in the day and time will tell who of them will be the great one..

If we still where on 990 machines i think we woud see something diffrent in terms of who is the better one.

Fanboy?, man quit your jiba jaba i like many riders other then Rossi but he is my idol what he does on the bike is like magic and when you look at him riding for so many years its hard not to look at him as the greatest motorsport idol in the world.

This person on BBC chat said it so good.

Onto the points about Rossi bottling in against Hayden. Rossi binned it in the final race but at least he was man enough to own up to his mistake and wish hayden congratulations on winning the WC. Having said that everybody with a brain knows that if Rossi hadnt had his bike break down 4 times during the season he wouldve won the title by a good few points making the last race irrelevant. But i dont hold a grudge against Hayden because he is a nice guy. Stoner is a petulant teenager akin to Alonso and he will always be like that and for that reason i hope Rossi walks all over him.

And this i quoted from another person their

Its beyond me how anyone can be critical of Rossi for yesterdays incredible performance. It was an amazing contest, credit to both Rossi and Stoner.

Should Rossi have moved aside and let Stoner use his mechanical advantage to win? Of course not. If thats the case then why have the race? lets just decide the winner by who sets the fastest lap in qualifying.

The few Rossi's knockers on here can't appreciate what they saw, luckily anyone who knows about bike racing can, and thats why there is no question at all of any action being taken against Rossi for dangerous riding.

He is incredible, brave, passionate but most of all he remains sincerely humble. Thats why we love him in both in victory and in defeat.

When i read this is whish i woud write better english they say what i like to say realy :)

Nice one Dani, perfectly put and I think your English is easily comprehensible, just ignore the troll.

Guest farquar
Nice one Dani, perfectly put and I think your English is easily comprehensible, just ignore the troll.

God..How old are u people??

Im no troll, Im actually here for the love of watches..Mr childish name calling yadi yadi yada...Seeing this nonsense Ill make sure to stick to that from now on, opininons are like assholes afterall right? Everybodys got one.....You all take care now.

Edited by farquar

I don't see what Stoner has to complain about :huh:

In Italy we have an expression that is used to describe that soccer is not for pussies who complain about every bump, touch, etc...

It's called: "Gioco Maschio".

It means "Male Game": it's a game for real men, who aren't afraid to get dirty and fight for the goal :D

I don't see anything wrong in Rossi's overtaking...all clean to me.

It's a race for the win.

Too easy to overtake on the straight aided by extra power... :p

P.S. @ dani: change the thread's name...it's Laguna, not LaNguna :D LOL!

But to say the Rossi overtaking at laguna was not clean, WTF that overtaking that Rossi did is what we WHANT TO SEE V.Rossi also now this he now we all love what he did..You cant compere Elias to Rossi dude Elias is crazy and i em still scared if he is infront of Rossi becasue he is to wild..Rossi now excatly what he is doing when breaking Elias is gambling since he has nothing big to lose..

You missed the point Stoner was complaining about.

When Rossi went into the dirt at the Corkscrew, he had to go where the bike took him. Stoner thought Rossi was being an aggressive rider there because he didn't know Rossi went off the track. So, Stoner thought Rossi deliberately tried to knock him off. That's what he was bitching about.

As for Stoner's crash, Rossi caused it. How? By racing the way he does. When Rossi is leading and being followed, he breaks up the rhythm of the guy behind him by taking unpredictable lines and braking points. Stoner got caught out by one of these and had to take to the dirt.

I'm a Rossi fan, but I can see where Stoner was coming from in his complaint. He was wrong, but it's understandable.

ps. Best race of the year so far.