When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to make animated avatar?

I did some searching and tried some things. I know how to cut out a piece of an avi file, but how do I make it into an animated .gif that can be used as an avatar?

Can somebody give me a hint...? Thanks! :bounce:

Thanks Andy - I really like your clip by the way. :rolleyes: Fun to watch every time.

I found some sites that have all kinds of animations and you could just link directly to them..

But what I meant is I want to make my own animated gif. :)

Hi!

Making animated .gifs is a rewarding and fun experience, but you need to have the right tools of the trade. It is possible to make some really beautiful things. Corgi recommends:

ULEAD GIF ANIMATOR v5.5

Once you have purchased and installed this product I recommend spending an afternoon just messing around with it. I guarantee you the first result you get will be useless but tinker with it and you'll make something really nice.

"google" for a number of free .gif editors, they are real easy to use.

I've had no luck with this. Most free .gif makers have strict limitations, spyware/adware, or force a watermark on your completed file.

Pugwash found the clip i used after i asked the same question, then i just uploaded it to photobucket, be aware it pushed my bandwith use into the pro area and i had to subscribe to use it!

Found?

I made it for you using Quicktime Pro and Photoshop.

Thanks for all your help and advice - I downloaded a trial of AZ paint and it worked different then what I thought. Instead of changing an avi file clip I had to save a series of jpg pictures. Then use the program to resize and animate it. Its easy though.

The first result is in my signature now, it was a Vietnam Huey that took us for a ride this weekend. Lot of fun! :prop: