When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIC Owners - What is the Current state of your rep?

freddy333

How is your CHS GMTIIC doing?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What state is your CHS watch in?

• Ok.
    • Running, but with minor problems.
    • Being returned for repair or exchange.
    • Dead.

CHS ONLY

This is 1 of 3 GMTIIC Interim Status Polls to try to get a better idea of the percentage of GMTIICs that are having problems, broken down by movement options - CHS, IHS Swiss or IHS Asian. Please be sure to post in the appropriate poll for your particular watch.

As of today, my watch is still running like a top.

The only problems I have had were the same ever-loosening bracelet screw (adjacent to the flip-lock in the clasp), which I cured with a minute dab of blue loctite, & a slight (.5mm) deviation to the west of null of the bezel triangle. Other than that, my watch has been perfect. But I should also mention that it is not really my style, so it spends most of its time in the winder.

UPDATE - Although the GMTIIC is not my style, I bought it (and plan to keep it in my collection) because of its beauty, build quality & because it sets a benchmark of sorts in the history of reps. Sorry for the confusion -- Not for sale. :(

Guest carlsbadrolex

Bezel, crystal, mainspring, runs within a couple secs per 24hrs. Gets worn almost every day and on two occasions I have had to resync the GMT hand.

On its way back again (this is the second time. Have worn the watch for only 6 days total) for repair. A real mess. I fully expect that the watch will still have issues when I get it back this time. I asked for a new watch but the dealer ignored me. I spent 50 bucks so far in postage to RETURN the watch.....80 for postage in total. Can someone tell me what I am to do if I get the watch back and it still does not work correctly???

On its way back again (this is the second time. Have worn the watch for only 6 days total) for repair. A real mess. I fully expect that the watch will still have issues when I get it back this time. I asked for a new watch but the dealer ignored me. I spent 50 bucks so far in postage to RETURN the watch.....80 for postage in total. Can someone tell me what I am to do if I get the watch back and it still does not work correctly???

Perry - sorry to hear this. Excuse me if this is old news, but have you tried running both the hour hand & time-settings through a full 24 hour cycle to see if that 'resets' your movement? A few other owners have reported success with this procedure. I know this is not a permanent or reliable fix, or even a reasonable option for such an expensive watch, but if it will allow you to keep the watch on your wrist instead of in the shipping lanes, it may be a good alternative.

The watch was sent back the first time because when I set it the second time the gears that set the hour hand and date stripped. After a month or so I got the watch back and I noticed that the GMT hand kept losing time. Then I noticed that the regular time was also not keeping up. I wore the watch for a few days but nothing got any better.

The watch was sent back the first time because when I set it the second time the gears that set the hour hand and date stripped. After a month or so I got the watch back and I noticed that the GMT hand kept losing time. Then I noticed that the regular time was also not keeping up. I wore the watch for a few days but nothing got any better.

You may or may not be aware that the GMT hand is supposed to run at half the speed of the hour hand. It is a 24 hour hand and consequently requires 24 hours to complete one revolution around the dial. GMT time is read over those 24 hours, i.e. 1:00 PM is read as 13:00 hours which will correspond to the bezel insert marker.

You may or may not be aware that the GMT hand is supposed to run at half the speed of the hour hand. It is a 24 hour hand and consequently requires 24 hours to complete one revolution around the dial. GMT time is read over those 24 hours, i.e. 1:00 PM is read as 13:00 hours which will correspond to the bezel insert marker.

No I am well aware. I own a GMT with a 2893 movement and it works like a charm. The GMT hand was losing time against the bezel markers.