When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

lume marker at 9 o'clock is getting loose

Cats

I just moticed that the luminous marker at the 9 o'clock position of my beloved Noob is getting loose.

I have a gen Bergeon case back opener and some fine bergeon screwdrivers but that about all.

Do a need a pair of good tweezers , a movement holder , rodic etc. to fix the job or will the bergeon tools do the job.

I'm shaking like an old lady but i have some good wine and a few med's around so that problem can be fixed :blink:

Carpe Diem

Cats

You have the minimum required to remove the movement from the case. There are alot of disassembly guides that you should read.

But these are the basic steps --

Set the hands to a position that is out of the way of the loose marker and leave the stem in the hand-setting position.

Remove the bracelet.

Remove the caseback.

Use the red handled screwdriver (120) to press the stem release tab & remove the stem.

Remove the 2 movement screws & locking tabs that hold the movement in the case (put all of the removed parts in a small glass or shallow plate so you do not lose them).

Place some lint free paper on top of the loose movement & gently turn the case over to remove the movement. Be careful not to bump the hands during removal.

Once removed, a small of carefully applied glue or clear nail polish to the backside of the marker should keep it in place. Just be careful to apply a minute amount & factor in the space needed for the glue to spread when you apply it (apply less than you think you may need). Once you have the marker glued back into place, place an upside down wine glass on top of the movement for 24 hours (or an hour if you used nail polish) so the glue can fully dry.

Reverse the removal process to reassemble.

@freddy333

thanks for your quick response.

i will fix the marker following your detailed discription.

Glad to hear it not a very complicated operation, but still it's my first fix to a watch.

Thanks again

Carpe Diem

Cats

It's not difficult...just be patient...if a screw or a tiny piece won't go back in....take your time, relax and try again.

Don't use too much glue!!!! Glue can be very tricky...

Don't worry: screwing up things is the best way to learn :D

But if you are patient and do things properly, everything will be fine :good:;)

• 2 weeks later...
Remove the 2 movement screws & locking tabs that hold the movement in the case

I am going to try this procedure also as one of the lume marker has also come off one of my reps.

I'm a newbie and just so that I don't get them wrong, do you have photos of the "2 movement screws and locking tabs that hold the movement in the case"

Thank you.

I am going to try this procedure also as one of the lume marker has also come off one of my reps.

I'm a newbie and just so that I don't get them wrong, do you have photos of the "2 movement screws and locking tabs that hold the movement in the case"

Thank you.

You'll see them when you pop the back off.

Don't pay attention to the ETA text in these pics, but if you look at 12 and 7 o'clock, those are the tabs and screws you will remove. This mvmt is not going to look exactly like what you will see, but you get the point. Follow the directions posted above and you will be fine.

When you put the stem back in, gently rotate it, don't just push it in. And when your pressing the button to get it out, it won't POP out, you will have to pull it out.

ETAClosedia.jpg

You'll see them when you pop the back off.

Don't pay attention to the ETA text in these pics, but if you look at 12 and 7 o'clock, those are the tabs and screws you will remove. This mvmt is not going to look exactly like what you will see, but you get the point. Follow the directions posted above and you will be fine.

When you put the stem back in, gently rotate it, don't just push it in. And when your pressing the button to get it out, it won't POP out, you will have to pull it out.

Oh my goodness. I am in a world of hurt now. After gluing back the lume to the marker, I was on my way to put the watch together and one of the movement screw fell into the watch and I can't seem to get it out.

Any ideas?

PLEASE?

Thank you.