When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 187

kanerich

Got my Pam 187 from EL. Allowing for the faulty bezel marker problem (one fell off in transit and was lost) that EL says he'll take care of, that doesn't affect my ability to assess the watch generally.

It's a beast all right, and I'm glad to have it. I have to say though that having lived with it for this one day, I still consider the all-round Pam champ the 212. IMO it is simply the right combination of size, functions, retro chic, quality, and whatever else you look for in a Pam rep. I don't know if I'll wear the 187 that much instead of the 212, which gets the most wrist time of my now 7 pams (212, 187, 005, 118, 177, 196, 183)

This is just my opinion and not a knock on the 187 rep in any way -- it is what it is. Assuming the bezel marker issues can be worked out (knock on wood) this is a fine piece of work. But I have to say that I think I prefer the clean, distinctive lines of the 183 and the 212, not to mention the classic 111, 005 et al.

these few days i've read some positive and some negative reviews for the 187...Now i'll have to wait for mine to arrive so I can say what i think about it...I can live with all of the flaws you guys mentioned in previous posts...hope that the mvt works fine and that nothing fells off of it...that is all...if this will be ok...i think i am gonna be more than happy cause i love panerai and love diver watches...

I was all hyped up when it was really limited with only one dealer supplying it, although at a fairly high price and almost went for it but the older movement and the high price tag and having bought 3 new watches that month put me off. Now that its a bit better available I just find my self dragging my feet ordering one, I guess hype had a bit to do with that so I imagine you might be right. It might also have something to do with the fact that we are spoilt on this forum with the wide choice of great dealers and second hand offers coming up and that if you don't like it you can just sell it on or let someone else go first if you aren't sure

As for the 212, couldn't agree more.. really like it and it gets more wrist time then any other.

Edited by exper

The 187 is not an everyday wearer. But it is a fabulous "can't be missed" watch. Panerai knowledgeable people give approving looks for my high end reps and gens but the 187 evokes comments from folks who have no idea what it is. IMHO, if you are only contemplating 1-3 PAM's this is not the one to buy. But if you own 8-10 and can handle the size it is a must have in some form. I love the look of the 212 but for my everyday life an automatic without a date is silly. For my money the must haves are the 7753 Daylights and the 2893 GMT's. They get the most wrist time on my wrist. :)

Without ANY DOUBT... the 212 is exactlly what they all said...

BY FAR the best Panerai..

Design, comfort, size, contemporary/vintage PLUS if you want tyou can have it with SWISS movement to last for ages...

Every Panerai has its special beauty BUT as I said if I had to choose JUST ONE it would be the 212.

Without ANY DOUBT... the 212 is exactlly what they all said...

BY FAR the best Panerai..

Design, comfort, size, contemporary/vintage PLUS if you want tyou can have it with SWISS movement to last for ages...

Every Panerai has its special beauty BUT as I said if I had to choose JUST ONE it would be the 212.

So who has the best 212? Besides a Gen 212 of course for you smartasses out there... ;)