When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Singapore GTG Coming in August 2008

takashi

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the shop at Golden Mile Complex, second floor :p

Anyway, good to see this going.

I am not so concern about bringing reps there.... The authorities got bigger things to worry. Instead of catching us, they mite as well looking for Selamat K*st*r -i.

@repfreak: email sent.

Yes... Everything is confirmed. 24 August, Sunday, Noon.

How to get there:

Take MRT to Dhouby Ghaut Station, cross over to Park Mall, take the lift to 4th floor, go towards car park, climb the stairs and you will see The Legends.

Place is the cafe, reservation under my name (Email or PM me for more details). I will be writing for those who are in mailing list too.

How to get there:

Take MRT to Dhouby Ghaut Station, cross over to Park Mall, take the lift to 4th floor, go towards car park, climb the stairs and you will see The Legends.

Place is the cafe, reservation under my name (Email or PM me for more details). I will be writing for those who are in mailing list too.

Damn, not sure i can make it. I got wedding to go at noon. Thought its gonna be in the evening.

How to get there:

Thank you taka, for making this GTG happen. Really appreciate it lots! :)

We have the GTG today!

A total of 4 members attended this GTG (small group but AWESOME). They are coolfire, caracarnj, siesta and me. Very nice to meet you all. We have good time and definitely this won't be the last ;) The food is good, plenty of choices and reasonably priced.

Here are the pictures that we took at the basement carpark... We got chased out of the Cafe :p

Too bad for those who can't attend today but worry not, more GTGs planned in near future. Keep the suggestions coming.

Have fun! and can't wait to see you again:

P8240015_resize.jpg

P8240016_resize.jpg

P8240017_resize.jpg

P8240018_resize.jpg

P8240019_resize.jpg

P8240020_resize.jpg

P8240021_resize.jpg

P8240023_resize.jpg

P8240024_resize.jpg

P8240026_resize.jpg

P8240027_resize.jpg

P8240028_resize.jpg

P8240029_resize.jpg

P8240030_resize.jpg

Anyway... One question for non attendees. Spot the gen! ;)

Hey jitai,

What a waste you couldn't come. Apart from taka's Sinn, there is another gen... :p

taka, thanks for making this happen. Really enjoyed myself. Hope to meet up with you, the rest & even more dudes really soon! Please let me play with your Vertu when you get it...

siesta, you've been great to talk to, don't forget your gen the next gtg... :)

caracarnj, happy further immersing into the EVIL web & sickness of watch-collecting! ;)

Great GTG, :gathering:

Could have easily been extended another 3 hours. After seeing Taka's and Coolfire's collection... I consider myself a noob. :blush:

@taka - if you ever decide to let the 3717 go, I have first dibs. Thank god i haven't caught the rolex bug, freaking cool comex. Remember that comex, coolfire???

@coolfire - thanks for letting me in on the sg based watchsmith B) . Some watches won't have to go far now. will bring my doppel next time. mmmm.... where can i find a good watch briefcase....

@caracarnj - the hublot tuiga looks good on you. :p

Hope for another gtg soon.... come on guys, singapore's not that big. Make it happen.

Cheers,

Siesta181

ps - just spent half an hour on carpet patrol - missing spring bar

Great GTG definitely!

And trust me, going for a gtg @ this age with strangers because of a hobby is even more unthinkable for me!!!

But boy did I enjoy the event! I was ready to go without any rep but manage to have my Chopard MMGT XL shipped to me last week!

The gtg was held at The Cafe in The Legends @ Fort Canning.

aboutus11mv7.jpg

cafe14cm4.jpg

As a newb, I was blown away by the reps from Siesta, Cool Fire and Takashi. All the reps are fantastic and yes, pushed me further in to the "EVIL web & sickness of watch-collecting" as Cool Fire put it.

Not only was this an eye opener in every sense, members attending also shared their knowledge. It is indeed great to know that there is a reliable source of watch service in Singapore by one of the RWG member!

It was great bonding of Brotherhood. Looking forward to the next Singapore gtg. In fact, perhaps we can organise one gtg to Guang Zhuo, China, at the hotel nearest to the Watch Market in GZ!!!!

And Siesta, yes, the Hublot DOES look good on me yeah?!

And thank you Takashi, for organising this gtg!

:clap2::clap::cupidarrow::thumbsupsmileyanim::gathering::group::hands::notworthy::good::victory::yahoo::yeah::Jumpy::drinks:

Edited by caracarnj

Great GTG, :gathering:

Could have easily been extended another 3 hours. After seeing Taka's and Coolfire's collection... I consider myself a noob. :blush:

@taka - if you ever decide to let the 3717 go, I have first dibs. Thank god i haven't caught the rolex bug, freaking cool comex. Remember that comex, coolfire???

@coolfire - thanks for letting me in on the sg based watchsmith B) . Some watches won't have to go far now. will bring my doppel next time. mmmm.... where can i find a good watch briefcase....

@caracarnj - the hublot tuiga looks good on you. :p

Hope for another gtg soon.... come on guys, singapore's not that big. Make it happen.

Cheers,

Siesta181

ps - just spent half an hour on carpet patrol - missing spring bar

I would love to enjoy your Doppel the next round! :p And hey, no worries on the watchsmith... That is precisely the essence of GTGs... ^_^

Please stop harping on the Comex, lemme concentrate on my upcoming 6263 first... :Jumpy: But what you said is very true, Singapore ain't that big, let's hope that the next GTG will not just be better... but even BIGGER!! :clapping:

Great GTG definitely!

And trust me, going for a gtg @ this age with strangers because of a hobby is even more unthinkable for me!!!

But boy did I enjoy the event! I was ready to go without any rep but manage to have my Chopard MMGT XL shipped to me last week!

The gtg was held at The Cafe in The Legends @ Fort Canning.

aboutus11mv7.jpg

cafe14cm4.jpg

As a newb, I was blown away by the reps from Siesta, Cool Fire and Takashi. All the reps are fantastic and yes, pushed me further in to the "EVIL web & sickness of watch-collecting" as Cool Fire put it.

Not only was this an eye opener in every sense, members attending also shared their knowledge. It is indeed great to know that there is a reliable source of watch service in Singapore by one of the RWG member!

It was great bonding of Brotherhood. Looking forward to the next Singapore gtg. In fact, perhaps we can organise one gtg to Guang Zhuo, China, at the hotel nearest to the Watch Market in GZ!!!!

And Siesta, yes, the Hublot DOES look good on me yeah?!

And thank you Takashi, for organising this gtg!

:clap2::clap::cupidarrow::thumbsupsmileyanim::gathering::group::hands::notworthy::good::victory::yahoo::yeah::Jumpy::drinks:

cara, thanks for coming too... a GZ GTG sounds really cool...

Well, we never stop learning, eh? :yeah:

Really glad that all enjoyed themselves... Oh & yes, thanks to alant for introducing The Legends to us!

Wow that's quite a handful of watches! What a pity I couldn't make it too. Next round! Btw taka how come you all were chased out of The Cafe?? Haha coolfire I know which is the other gen watch other than the Sinn! So coolfire you confirm getting the skyland? And of course glad you all enjoyed the food and ambiance!