When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Singapore GTG Coming in August 2008

takashi

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump for more exposure :)

Need to wait confirmation for the Legends. If it's not confirmed, we have to look for alternative venue.

Another shameless bump!

Guys, please list your nicks on the post i made earlier, so that all of us can have a feel of how many are attending.

...And please do PM taka... He's putting in lots of effort in trying to get this GTG to come to fruition... :clapping:

Hi pals so sorry for the late reply as I'm not in town and will only be back on 26 Aug. Communications now is a bit not so easy, need to get internet and phone line etc all require some troubleshooting. Ok back to the topic, though most probably I can't make it for the GTG, let me see how I can be of help in other areas.

For Legends, unfortunately I'm not a member there. If you all are looking for meeting rooms, conference rooms etc then they are meant for members. If you all want to book smaller function rooms then non-members also can book as they are open for public events. Else can consider Legends Garden the chinese restaurant there, they have private rooms for a table or two that kind. Or can check if Billiard Bar at level 2 is open, they have karaoke rooms. Alternatively can request for a corner at The Cafe at level 1. Next, not sure if anyone has any food requirements like halal food etc. Well, I haven't been to the club for some time, so not too sure if all the above still stands.

And there's another pretty nice place. The Crowne Plaza hotel at changi airport terminal 3. Their cafe is cosy too. And they have a bar just opposite the cafe which I find its pretty cosy and quiet as just opened lately and not much of a crowd.

Yap let's get things organized as nearing the GTG date! And its really a rare chance to have a GTG. Cheers!

Thanks alant for your help :)

So what say you? We just gate crash to the Legends? :p As alant stated, the place is quite big.

It's 1 week to go :) and I am not expecting a big crowd (so reservation may not be necessary at all). I guess many will still prefer city area to Changi airport but I don't mind going there :p

If we have a good one, the next one should not be difficult at all. Speaking from personal experience, attending a GTG worth every cents/every seconds spent. It is just a totally new paradigm and is a different experience from meeting up "online".

Hi taka, it may be good to do some booking as I just realised you all may want to make it for sunday lunch. And last time on sunday, usually the cafe and the chinese restaurant will expect a a bit more people as sunday people tend to bring their families there for meals and leisure activities.

Hi taka, it may be good to do some booking as I just realised you all may want to make it for sunday lunch. And last time on sunday, usually the cafe and the chinese restaurant will expect a a bit more people as sunday people tend to bring their families there for meals and leisure activities.

Hey alant! Sad that you can't make it on 24th... :(

Unless of course nobody else besides taka, Samurai & me can make it... :black_eye:

Thanks alot for your help & advice on The Legends!

Yap coolfire quite a pity I can't make it. We shall catch up again on another session. Remember to take lots of pics so that I can admire them!

Btw just remember, the bar isn't open during lunch time, think it's open around 3pm. So maybe after lunch you all can go over. Cafe wise they have more food choices and maybe even buffet if you all want. Chinese restaurant is a bit on heavy side but they have dim sum etc.

Alright... No problem. So which one? Chinese restaurant or cafe or pubs?

I have many others expressed their interest to attend this GTG via PM. 6 So far.

Wow, that sounds great, taka! The bar, as mentioned by alant below, sounds like a good option.

Yap coolfire quite a pity I can't make it. We shall catch up again on another session. Remember to take lots of pics so that I can admire them!

Btw just remember, the bar isn't open during lunch time, think it's open around 3pm. So maybe after lunch you all can go over. Cafe wise they have more food choices and maybe even buffet if you all want. Chinese restaurant is a bit on heavy side but they have dim sum etc.

Thanks again alant... I am very sure that if this GTG goes on well, the next one will come soon enough... ;)

the bar is closed for lunch... So do you agree if we book the place at the cafe and pay 30 bucks for the lunch? I know it's on the high side but I am sure the food will be good :p

30 bucks sounds like a fair deal, taka. Especially when i have the chance to meet up with people whom share the same passion! ^_^

Count me in...

Alright. So it's fixed. Sunday, 24 August 2008, noon, The Cafe located at The Legends, Fort Canning Park. I need to have a fix number of attendance so that I can make the bookings. I am in too ;)

Please express your interest here too (not only PM). At the end of this Friday I will send email to all attendees.

Alright. So it's fixed. Sunday, 24 August 2008, noon, The Cafe located at The Legends, Fort Canning Park. I need to have a fix number of attendance so that I can make the bookings. I am in too ;)

Please express your interest here too (not only PM). At the end of this Friday I will send email to all attendees.

Appreciate your efforts in making this happen, taka... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Glad the date/time is settled.

Should hopefully get my PVD Skeleton and the skyland slate by then.....so can bring the whole lot.

@repfreak....most welcome mate. I had a lot of members help me out when I first became active here.....and am still learning :p

Cheers

wow, but just wondering, meeting restuarants outside, wont it be a bit werid when if someone saw us taking one whole heap of branded watches out? I'm sure we will be starred at the whole time, I thought you all could probably meet at somewhere more personal like someone's condo or something? who knows that someone like reporters or authorities maybe have lurking around here.................................................. AND challenge us with one truck of reps.. lol

Welcome Repfreak! Feel free to join us and we will be glad to be your company. Please PM me your email address too so that I can add you to the mailing list.

PS: I am probably the youngest :lol:

Dude, age doesn't matter imho... Since you're one of the most experienced around! :)

@repfreak, don't worry, we were all once noobs... Welcome to RWG, there's no turning back for you now, Hahaha! :lol: ...And i think with the quality of our watches, no one will suspect... unless of cos, they're WISes... ;)

@Samurai, Please bring along your Skeleton, Chronofighters, slate Skyland, hehe...

@caracarnj, would love to view & admire jakub's latest ar coating. I had my Bentley GT coated by him on his 1st run, but from what I've read & seen, it has improved tremendously . :)

Guys, let's make this GTG a real happening one, taka has put a hell of an effort to get this going...