When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urwerk 103 Blackbird

insane

...."Urwerk, one of Geneva's finest watch makers presents the sensational 103 Blackbird, an evolution from their signature UR-103. It’s very limited edition with only 10 pieces made. It draws its design influence from deep space, powerful rockets, and sleek jets– and a quick glance at Lockheed's SR-71 Blackbird leaves no doubt regarding the inspiration behind this incredible watch. The streamlined platinum case is cloaked in an exotic black PE-CVD or Plasma Enhanced-Chemical Vapor Deposition coat that boasts an extremely high scratch resistance. The watch's Orbital Cross carries four Satellites which rotate lining up the hour marker with the minute marker at the base of the display. Although, no pricing information was available I'm guessing it may be a little out of the average consumers league, but that doesn't mean we can't stare in amazement at this beautifully crafted technological timepiece!...."

..."URWERK present the sensational 103 Blackbird: a black PE-CVD coated, platinum timepiece in a very limited edition of only 10 pieces.

URWERK draw much of their design inspiration from deep space, powerful rockets and sleek jets. A quick glance at the world’s first stealth jet, Lockheed’s SR-71- aka Blackbird - leaves no doubt regarding the inspiration behind this incredible watch.

URWERK have long harbored a passion to create an exceptional black watch. And ‘exceptional’ means just that: the streamlined platinum case is cloaked in an exotic black PE-CVD coat rather than the more common PVD.

PE-CVD, or Plasma Enhanced-Chemical Vapor Deposition, has a higher scratch resistance than PVD and is harder due to its amorphous hydrogenated carbon structure. With the Blackbird, URWERK are one of the first - if not the very first- watch company to take advantage of esoteric technique.

An arc of natural metal perlage tracing the curve of the minute chapter hints at shared DNA with other precious platinum watches in the URWERK collection.

Accentuating the Blackbird’s powerful visual impact is the black PVD coating on the dial, satellites and orbital cross: the latter crafted from high-tech grade 2 titanium.

A case shape as incredibly complex as the 103 Blackbird is extremely difficult to machine in gold and harder still in the much denser platinum; but then again, nobody said making a watch this good would be easy!..."

"...In keeping with a pure, minimalistic concept, URWERK have given the top of the case a smooth gloss-black finish; a finish that may well deflect radar but certainly not attention!

An exquisite palladium outline traces the perimeter of the targa crystal, highlighting the subtle complexity of its form against the sublime jet-black case.

Bright yellow SuperLuminova markers make an audacious statement by day; however, at night they emit a rich blue glow reminiscent of the cockpit instrumentation in a powerful fast jet.

URWERK’s Limited Edition 103 Blackbird – stealth technology you won’t want to hide! ..."

I put my name on a waiting list earlier this year at an AD in Singapore for this watch. The waiting list is close to 2 years long, and there's no discount off the list price, which I believe is $110,000 Singaporean.

I was able to buy it last week secondhand from a Purist for $34,000. Just working out the wire details, and will post pictures when I get it. :D

I put my name on a waiting list earlier this year at an AD in Singapore for this watch. The waiting list is close to 2 years long, and there's no discount off the list price, which I believe is $110,000 Singaporean.

I was able to buy it last week secondhand from a Purist for $34,000. Just working out the wire details, and will post pictures when I get it. :D

@Admin... I envy your purchasing power.

I pushed the boat out and bought two reps this month, one new, one second-hand. Exceeded my realistic budget...

And then you tell me that you just blew $34K on this watch...

I am jelous... but not envious. Wear it well and enjoy!

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

:o ...congrats to the new "future" owner...

well I just spent something like 1000$ on reps this month... :whistling:

another 33.000 and we are equal...but i suppose that you spent some other $$$$ on reps... :lol:

Yeap.. as Clive said I am jealous too but in a good way.. We can also see more detailed and natural pictures when you will get it :thumbsupsmileyanim: