When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My little friend has gone

sssurfer

Surfer,

I have a cat that has been with me for 10 or so years. Through good and bad, she has been my friend...sometimes my only friend. She has been through a lot...and the worst time of my life was when I thought I lost her in the storm. I found her 3 weeks later floating on the bed with no food or "drinkable" water. She made it through. The thought of her loss destroyed me.

Pets are family, pets are friends, pets do matter, and they make our lives worth while.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss...and maybe there's another little "friend" to come along soon.

Good luck and continue to enjoy those pictures...they're great!

Surfer,

I'm very sorry to hear of you and your wife's loss. Amazing how much a part of our lives these guys become isn't it? Your english is fine and more than conveys how much he meant to you guys. He'll live on in your memories forever. Hope that he is now in a better place and running around and playing with his friend that went before him.

My heart goes out to you and your wife Trip-S.

We had to do the same to our cat Tia about a year and a half ago. Tia was my wife's first cat when she left her mom's house at 18. She was suffering from kidney failure. It was extremely hard on my wife, and it wasn't much fun for me either.

Hang in there and take care,

Mike

Folks... no: fellows... no: friends,

Thanks.

Knowing that you understand is soothing. Even if I feel bad for your losses too.

Damn, I can't read this thread without having tears running again down my cheecks.

Now they are both from grief, and emotion on your words.

Strange how they look identical... they even taste identically salted... still they are so different. Strange indeed. Some make my heart cold, others make it warm again.

At least a little.

But this is not little. This is the best I can ask for and hope these days.

Really, our common ground is watches, but our home is so much more.

Thanks, my friends.

I tried to read and answer some watch posts. I think I'll try again.

It seems the only way I have to slow these odd flowing salted drops from coming down.

Thanks...

Hi sssurfer,

i just stimbled over your post of the loss of a great friend.

My condolences in many cases a good pat means more then a human friend.

He most have had a great life with you and he will be somewere living in peace now

Carpe Diem

Cats

As a cat lover I feel just devastated to hear this news. Cats are such precious and loving creatures, that whenever we lose one, it can be like a dagger through the heart. I hope you can find peace in the memories you made together.

Guest Sql_pl

Sssurfer this is really sad sad news....

I know what you are going through, I feel your pain as I've lost my dog after 14 years back in April....

It really is a tough decision but there is a moment that you realise you have no other option than to let go... when you know you cannot think only about yourself and your feelings but most important you do not let your friend suffer anymore.

You posted great pics - it is good to have them as they surely bring back a lot of memories that you'll always cherish.

Time will heal the pain and you will be able to move on but the memories will stay with you forever.

Please pass my condolonces to your wife too.

I just would like to thanks you too, friends who posted after my latest reply. Everything I already said also goes to you.

I am amazed and touched by the great support I received here from each one of you. Wife and I (me?) feel not so lonely anymore after reading your words.

Btw, wife is sincerely surprised at such and so heartfelt response from a forum that she believed essentially "mechanical". She never participated here so she could not expect such a level of understanding and participation. Now you showed her that, even if we like hard, ticking, mechanical things so much, we are all but machine-oriented. :)

And, even if I am frequent here, I have to say that I am touched as well.

Thanks once again to everyone who left his words here.

:console: