When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with DG2813 movement

DemonSlayer

I bought a rep with the common 'asian 21J' movement inside which I believe is a DG2813. The watch had been running fine until I put it inside a drawer in my office, and then after having put it on later on in the day, I noticed that the watch lost 2 hours or so. I then set the time back to normal and wore it on my wrist. The next day in the morning, the watch completely stopped working, the seconds hand doesn't tick at all.

Does this sound like the watch is magnetized, or possibly something else? In all of the reps I've owned, this is the only one where the movement has died on me.

I bought a rep with the common 'asian 21J' movement inside which I believe is a DG2813. The watch had been running fine until I put it inside a drawer in my office, and then after having put it on later on in the day, I noticed that the watch lost 2 hours or so. I then set the time back to normal and wore it on my wrist. The next day in the morning, the watch completely stopped working, the seconds hand doesn't tick at all.

Does this sound like the watch is magnetized, or possibly something else? In all of the reps I've owned, this is the only one where the movement has died on me.

It's working as intended, which is basically to stop working in 1-10 days. This is just my personal experience with 99% of the ones I've come across though.

Very nice gesture of Chris, i'd personally opt for his 2nd suggestion- DG4813 upgrade.

4813 @25 USD is good price. That offer by EuroTimez is an excellent offer.

Just, please consider that size fitting of a 4813 in place of a 2813 is not guaranteed:

The 4813 is a bit larger than the 2813 (25.76mm diameter vs 25.60mm), and especially it is significantly thinner (4.75mm vs 5.60mm). That difference in thickness might prevent the stem from getting properly aligned.

Also, I got mixed info about the size of the small seconds hand: 0.17mm on the 2813, 0.15-0.17mm on the 4813.

2813 movement is at 4.95 GBP (9.77 USD) from cousinsuk.