When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can lume dots be removed and reapplied properly on new Skyland?

milsub5517

It seems to me that the lume dots and lume in general are the only "major" problems with the new skyland. Can't the lume dots be removed and reapplied properly during lume job? Can our in-house pro's comment on this please?

(dial close up below was borrowed from timepiece):

img5245mf4.jpg

Edited by mil_sub

I was hoping/thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I must have really drawn the short straw with mine. Nine out of the twelve markers are off center. Three of them really bad. I'm hoping the dealer (one of the most recommended ones here) makes good on his reputation. One, two, hec even three could be tolerated, but where's the QC....nine?

Guest carlsbadrolex
I was hoping/thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I must have really drawn the short straw with mine. Nine out of the twelve markers are off center. Three of them really bad. I'm hoping the dealer (one of the most recommended ones here) makes good on his reputation. One, two, hec even three could be tolerated, but where's the QC....nine?

Look everybody, the new guy asked about Q.C!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome carlsbad.... :thumbs: Everyone starts out as a new member. If QC isn't something that this community encourages are "preferred" dealers to uphold, then why do we buy from them? Why not take our chances on CQOut, DHGate, etc.

er... um... CBR was kidding... take a pill my friend... in this hobby, you need to...

guys you are going OFF TOPIC here. it dos not metter how many are off center, the question is : Can it be easily fixed during lume job? if the answer is yes, then this watch deserves good lume anyway, so markers shouldnt be a BIG issue. although i agree that it is annoying. they ALWAYS screw up something LOL !

Edited by mil_sub

Thanks for the warm welcome carlsbad.... :thumbs: Everyone starts out as a new member. If QC isn't something that this community encourages are "preferred" dealers to uphold, then why do we buy from them? Why not take our chances on CQOut, DHGate, etc.

Because then we all wouldn't get our commission checks from the preferred dealers.

B)