When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WHY are you even here?

doc savage

Im only here for the hot chicks and cheap beer... OH WAIT, wrong forum!

As many have stated before me, Im here because of the people.

Sure, I am here because I enjoy collecting watches... But I could do that (and did) for many years without the assistance of any forum.

Sure, I could lurk like some do and just take what information I need and never do what I can to help...

But I post and support because I appreciate what the community has to offer. Ive made many friends here, and for them I stay!

T

Making friends is an important part of life.

i have gotten to know literally dozens of forum members on a personal level - i have met 7 in person, including enjoying some amazing hospitality - (thanks omni and callas)

What i will say - if your lucky enough to get to know folks as i have - celebrated some good times (kids born, holy grail achieved) and tuff times - hospital stays :(

you will never find a greater mix of folks from all countries and forms of life - you would be amazed how many Drs Lawyers,, engineers, accountants, CEOs leaders of industry are among us. - oh and an inordinate amount of folks with Radio programs

So - Good luck on your projects and be sure to sample the nachos :)

I am not really sure how I ended up here. I thought I was going to be in and out quickly. I was going to study up on watches, ask all the experts a bunch of questions, buy two or three "super reps" and then get on with my life.

I think what is sucking me in is the admiration I have for the people who revolve around this hobby. I love how nit-picky some of the members are about discrepancies no larger that the footprint of an ant.

I also like the fact that I have enough noob knowledge to help the extremely new members. It feels good when I get a PM from a member thanking me for helping them with their first purchase.

Lasty, I am becoming much more fond of watches in general. My list of "must haves" grows weekly.

I dunno...I might be gone in a month or two but the knowledge I have gained here plus the satisfaction of helping others with definitely go down as a positive experience in my book.

Actually I Hate You All :brow: .. I'm just here to use you for the watches... :o

Seriously, as everyone has already so elequently stated... it's the members that make this..... ma "Home away form Home"

I really hope to grow as the forum grows and contribute my fair share ... to overcome differences... triumph over evil... all the ordinary super hero stuff that we see everyday here...

and learn how to do minor repair on ma Reps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Aloha All

R

GIRLS ! GIRLS ! GIRLS ! the sexy avatars..... and of course the WATCHES.

Seriously, the community and the support both watch related and unrelated.

The international flavor and common interest and the stimulus to advance my computer, photographic, and

horological skills.

Thanks All,

Marc

I love this forum because the vast majority of us love Watches as the works of mechanical art they are.

Ah yes, and some of us appreciate the rep industry as well.

I'm also here biding my time waiting for Nanuq to tortue test another rollie.

Still searching for Jetmid...

But, due to some very considerate and generous people...I stay. Not to mention, my obsession and collection of watches. Sometimes you show up for one reason and stay for another.

I also have to mention Hike's avatar.

"LIFE IS GOOD"

Initially, I came here for purely selfish reasons---I just purchased a supposedly "gen" PAM 113 but once I googled the caseback numbers, I was pointed here. Yes, I was once a pretentious snot like those at OTHER watch forums.

but when I put in my first post, I think the first person that welcomed me here was Corgi. Or at least his is the post I remembered most.

Now we are like a small community scattered across a large world. I hope to meet some of you someday.