When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WHY are you even here?

doc savage

I'm sure you wanted to find out who has the best sub, or where you could buy a watch without getting ripped off, but that doesn't explain why people love this forum so much. Sure there's been some negativity lately, but in case you didn't notice, there's been some crazy positive vibes too.

So what do YOU love about RWG?

I spend a good bit of time at all three of the forums but you have to admit the amount of knowledge and members willing to lend a hand or share their experience with stuff is second to none. Some of the vintage and franken stuff that's built and owned by members here is just mind blowing.

I love this place for the band of brothers that started it way back when. We hatched a plan and executed it en masse one glorious day, and look what's become of that plan! The original few are still here, and we still love watches. But even moreso, we love spending time together, enjoying each other's company.

TwoTone has a signature that says "where people gather, life happens". That sorta says it all. It's like Cheers... like a place to go plop down and have a beer with your chums and share a laugh.

There's a LOT of integrity here, much hidden "behind the scenes". That cannot be bought.... it must be earned one day and one post at a time.

Oh, and I like watches too! :tu:

I second Nanuq here.

But will try to express with others words :D

I made a serious bunch of friends here and had the opportunity to meet them and even to get them at my place.

Not all of them yet unfortunately.

It's really a matter of human relationship more than trying to put the best collection toghether.

Of course, in the beginning it's for watches ...but with time, free parts as gifts that I received and sent, the relation side has been growing a lot.

RWG is like a "real" community: good persons, some lesser good, some with whom you match very well and some you dislike.

But I'm pretty sure that if a World GTG happened and that ALL the active members attended, we would fall in the arms of each others.

:group:

Cheers

Stephane

The passion! The people! The reality of this forum! These are what attracted me to this forum and RWI.

IMO these 2 forums are alive with real, passionate people discussing their love for watch, debating and fighting for their love for watch.

When I stumbled upon RWG & RWI, I was just looking for a cheap alternative to expensive, high end watch. But the more I read on I got sucked in by the energy, the "realness", the pure emotional contents that filled this place.

I may sound exaggerating but here I see years of toils and efforts by members new & old to build a place they can call their own. A gathering where like-minded peolpe can, for a while, put down their daily burden and talk about their passion.

Sure I see posts & threads I disagree but that's life.

I hope to continue to enjoy this place and be accepted as part of the family.

Cheers! :)

This place helps me to identify some of my failings, and to learn from them by looking and listening

to others here that may have a difference of opinion.

I may be considered old.............but not too old,........ to still learn. ;)

This is an entertaining place full of very knowledgeable people who lack the pretensions of a Timezone. The quality of postings is usually high and members are willing to share what they know without reservation. The member's generosity has been shown in that they are willing to reach out and help others not just with what they know but with what they have financially. This all goes to making RWG into more than a forum ... it is a community and that is something worthwhile. RWG is a place that is worth coming to every day. I learn something valuable about this rep hobby every day. The collective knowledge here has taken me from helpless noob to being able to make my own Frankens. That knowledge was offered with no charge even though it is invaluable. RWG is my kind of place.

Guest farquar

View New Posts button :p ...Seriously its so much better than the last 10 post ad thingy they run over at Rg..2 sites I hang around lots lately it seems :rolleyes:

I like the international flavor that this forum has as well as the knowledge base found here. Members here appear more genuine and serious which means that I don't have to wade through a pile of B.S. as on some other forums. IMO, the experts who post here and the forum dealers are superior to those found elsewhere.

Let's see...... :g: Good site design, good dealers, good experts, great knowledge base, likable and helpful membership,excellent administrators....what's not to like!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Im only here for the hot chicks and cheap beer... OH WAIT, wrong forum!

As many have stated before me, Im here because of the people.

Sure, I am here because I enjoy collecting watches... But I could do that (and did) for many years without the assistance of any forum.

Sure, I could lurk like some do and just take what information I need and never do what I can to help...

But I post and support because I appreciate what the community has to offer. Ive made many friends here, and for them I stay!

T

i like watches. its nice.

btw,

RWG is like a "real" community: good persons, some lesser good, some with whom you match very well and some you dislike.

i guess you put me in the category "dislike" because of arguing with you that your clasp was FAKE :D:D:D:D

man that was funny........ :D

I have to say "the people" too. I mean after you spend some time here you get a sense of people's individuality and personalities. These come through in posts and I get a kick out of reading what everyone has to say, good or bad.

Thanks Ken, that's my favorite!

St. Crispin's Day

---------------------------------------------------

This day is called the Feast of Crispian:

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,

Will stand a-tiptoe when the day is named,

And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

He that shall see this day and live t'old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say "To-morrow is Saint Crispian":

Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars

And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,

But he'll remember with advantages

What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,

Familiar in his mouth as household words

Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,

Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,

Be in their flowing cups freshly remembered.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he today that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now abed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Wm. Shakespeare, Henry V

I'm here because this place is awesome. The people make it this way. We all love watches. It rocks.

Some members make it even sweeter. I'd name them but maybe they are bashful or something. I could see my self having a blast with some of you guys though.

@ Nanuq, that is perhaps the finest speech ever written, and orated admirably by Ken brannagh in the film of the same name, the youtube clip is well worth watching. I of course am here seeking that which is most elusive in all things horological, the perfect TRL, now if only someone could point me to where to find it, i'd die a happy man :D:p

Obviously I'm here because of an interest in watches, both gen and rep, and the knowledge and passion shared here is like no other forum that I have ever experienced. There just seems to be a genuine community spirit of likeminded people - I suppose it just feels like home.