When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Summer movies and DVDs

doc savage

I can sit through almost any film and find something to like about it, but rather than get all wordy I'll just neatly categorize everything I've seen lately. Some of these might be old, but I just recently got around to watching them:

Sucked:

Meet Dave, Smart People, Harold and Kumar 2 (it's a great stoner movie, but it sucked), What Happens in Vegas (a long commercial for Vegas named after the Vegas advertising slogan, clever), In Bruges, The Love Guru (sucked hard and long), Wasted (maybe it was OK, but I fell asleep), Leatherheads (it didn't suck, but it didn't rock either), The Wackness, Wanted

Rocked:

Speed Racer (surprisingly fun), Son of Rambow (mixed reviews but I was in the mood for it), Iron Man, Be Kind Rewind, Forgetting Sara Marshall, MirrorMask (OK this is a few years old, but it was cool), War, Inc. (I watched it twice), Raiders of the Lost Ark: Adaptation (I fell asleep, but it rocked up till then), Wall-E (of course, take your girlfriend)

Seen anything great lately, or something awful?

In Bruges (sucked hard and long)
i have to disagree with you here, i loved in bruges. i am not a colin farrell fan but he was hilarious in this! the movie has beautiful scenery, a good story and is both funny and gruesome at the same time. i bought the dvd and have been passing it around to my friends. in your defence doc i have had mixed reviews from them. lol. either way ... i really enjoyed it and highly recommend it! i also recommend before the devil knows you're dead which i finally got around to seeing the other night. all the best.

In Bruges had it's moments, it could have gone either way but it didn't stick with me as something I'd ever watch again.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead was a really great film; too bad it was overshadowed by the Oil! movie and the one with the guy from The Goonies.

Good taste Doc, I've wanted to see mirrormask for a while now. Watched Dark Crystal about 100 times when I was a kid, and thats the same producer. Need to look in to Pan's Labrynth as well, another Henson flick.

Looking forward to seeing Stepbrothers tonight....Will report....over....

Anybody see Sweeny Todd: The demon barber of fleet street

This is the only move in my entire life that I couldn't watch another second after about the first 10 minutes. I'm just wondering if I can suffer through the first 10 minutes, does it get better?

Not really, but I was on a date so I was stuck.....at least it was amusing when he slashed people's throats.

Agree that Iron Man rocked but the Hulk missed it somehow. Batman was very good.

DVD enjoyed "Shoot em Up" Silly Tom'n'jerry style violence, I was impressed by Vantage point as well..

The Film that has stuck with me this year though is "funny Games U.S." DONT WATCH IT it is a good film but Horrific not SAW nasty just plain bad , I wish I never saw it .

ST4