When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparsion shots Noob SEL and MBW SEL

Tribal

Thanks for the comparison, Tribal. Very interesting.

Looks like the MBW (the one on the right?) is more spot on from the outside part, as for the inside the left one is more correct. From the backside, both looks spot on, unlike the backside of the SSD2 version.

But it's quite dissapointing that none of these endlinks are relevant to the gen one. As a matter of fact a way to quickly spot a rep is to check the endlink - yet no one has produced a decent SEL to the present. I think it's high time for the maker to address this.

I borrow your pic (hope you don't mind) to illustrate this problem. The center part of the endlink has always been off on all rep, main problem is that the center part on the endlink is incorrectly angled. On the gen, when viewed sideways, the center part should slope more downwards as illustrated. That's one reason why gen SEL bracelet looks more "fit" to the wrist - it "hugs" the wrist better.

EndlinkMod.jpg

This problem has always bug me long. So I tried modding the SEL centerlink of my SSD2: grind off the upper part of it, which connects to the watchcase. Although it still can't replicate the gen SEL (impossible unless remanufactured) but it definitely improves the overall look. No more bulgy ugly protruding center part, or well maybe it's just my sick mind... :-)

Here are some pics of my modded endlink:

EndlinkMod_1.jpg

EndlinkMod_2.jpg

Note how the center part should not bulge too much and create a more "rounded" to the wrist impression, just like a non-SEL (IMHO, the gen SEL should look like a non-SEL when worn on a small wrist...confusing I know, but my English is very limited to be able to explain that, lol :-) )

EndlinkMod_3.jpg

Hope this problem can be correctly noted and addressed on future make. It's trivial but really bugging to say the least.

As said before in Kelster's thread the MBW is far too flat. The midsection should be raised slightly to look gen (marked on one of the pictures from above in the attachment).

Check http://www.bjsonline.com/watches/articles/0011.shtml to see SEL and LEL in comparison. A SEL does NOT look like an LEL.

Second thing is the variety of SELs: SeaDweller and Submariner have different bands and different SELs. Actually there are 63 different Oyster Bracelets in production at the moment which most of have different end links...

SELs are overrated ;)

i wish they still would make the old "rattle" bracelets ...

but back to topic : i think nobody in RL would call you out on too fat end-links :D

cheers,

Frank

SELs are overrated ;)

i wish they still would make the old "rattle" bracelets ...

but back to topic : i think nobody in RL would call you out on too fat end-links :D

cheers,

Frank

LOL... :D

I should check myself to CEAA (Center Endlink Anorexia Anonymous)... :rolleyes: