When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti is here!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

As I got several PMs from people who are interested but missed the first run due to holidays etc I decided to do it one more time.

Same thing as last time.

Vertu Ascent Ti with all the goodies + car-charger and 1 GB memory card for free.

$440.00 shipped.

It is a tri-band phone that works in US and Canada as well.

If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks

Maciek

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maciek,

Does you MMS or internet work?

I have a feeling that it doens't work in the EU.

On the Vertu website, you can get a sms... but it doesn't work... i got a message, that they have sent a message, but it doesn't arrive.

Could anyone help me...?

E

Maciek,

Does you MMS or internet work?

I have a feeling that it doens't work in the EU.

On the Vertu website, you can get a sms... but it doesn't work... i got a message, that they have sent a message, but it doesn't arrive.

Could anyone help me...?

E

On most phones, you will find settings for the SMS Message Center, and the MMS Access Point (APN). Both of these must be correct for your specific service provider. You can typically find these setting through the Settings, or Messages menus...but I don't know where they would be found on this phone. Maybe someone can help?

On most phones, you will find settings for the SMS Message Center, and the MMS Access Point (APN). Both of these must be correct for your specific service provider. You can typically find these setting through the Settings, or Messages menus...but I don't know where they would be found on this phone. Maybe someone can help?

Tnx...

I tried the website of my own provider.. and the website of Vertu.... none of these work... the sms won

If you want to surf the web, you'll need yet another APN setting, for either Internet or WAP access. These APN's are all unique to each carrier, and can usually be entered and edited manually through a phones setting menu (on a real Symbian phone, they would be found under Menu>Tools>Setting>Connection>Access Points).

Tnx Avitt...

I can only edit one APN...

Lets wait on more reactions

E

Guest Sql_pl

@Randy,

I guess it is pretty early to say as I have it for like 2 weeks only but it seems to be doing fine. The case is made of real titanium, real leather and it also has an earpiece made of something that truly resembles real ceramic but I did not try to scratch it to prove if it is ceramic or not.

Materials used are really good in these phones.

I guess it should be as good as the real deal.

@Edwin

I didn't try to set up internet or MMS so far. Will look into it and find out if I can be of any help.

Thanks!

@pam112

Second batery will be shipped your way via ems asap.

Thanks Sql_Pl

Update after using it for the last few days

1) Phone will only read the first 250 names off your SIM card ( My SIM card has space for 1000 names)

2) Cant get my wap browser to work yet

3) Good signal coverage - recovers well losted signal as good if not better than the following phones I have tested Nokia 8800, Samsung i600, Samsung i900, Nokia E61

4) Battery Life - 2 days with heavy usage

5) Awesome stereo

Thanks Sql_Pl

Update after using it for the last few days

1) Phone will only read the first 250 names off your SIM card ( My SIM card has space for 1000 names)

2) Cant get my wap browser to work yet

3) Good signal coverage - recovers well losted signal as good if not better than the following phones I have tested Nokia 8800, Samsung i600, Samsung i900, Nokia E61

4) Battery Life - 2 days with heavy usage

5) Awesome stereo

That about sums it up.

One thing I suggest if someone has contact with the manufacturer is if they can fix the issue of the Menu text being off. And also allow the awesome built in stereo speakers for a speakerphone I would REALLY like that. Maybe they can fix that stuff through a USB software update.

Can someone resume me what is so "hot" about this phone? Good looking, but I don't see why I would trade my Nokia N82 for this.

If you use your N82 (like I do) and need the features, stick with what you have. This phone is more for the rich to show off that they are rich.

I couldn't pull it off in any case... one thing with my watches, but having a fancy "expensive" phone too and no car or house? Won't quite work ;)

And with phones, I've found they get updated so often, you find yourself switching to a new one every year or so. Until I got the N82, I'd never paid for a phone before!

Edited by Chronus

your a funny guy, too bad you dont like vertu would look good on you :)

ah not for me, 2nd phone would only go to something along the lines of 3g iPhone or Blackberry Bold, and only due to functionality... ie. being able to read RWG on a nice screen ;) push/pull email, GPS etc etc

n82 is great with the functionality and having the 5MP camera with xenon flash and carl zeiss optics - no, I don't have a standalone camera, can't afford to get a good one (ie. SLRs which are too bulky for me to drag around on a night out).

Edited by Chronus

Ok guys,

My brown and red Vertu arrived (Thanks Mac!) and they are gorgeous. After spending some time with settings, I can report that SMS, MMS and WAP are working just fine :-)

Regards,

Dean

Hello straight ,

some pictures of your new colours would be great

wich one is better finished?

cheers,peto

Hello straight ,

some pictures of your new colours would be great

wich one is better finished?

cheers,peto

Can't take pics right now but brown leather is a bit darker than the original but still very classy shade of brown. Red is girly, and it is for my wifey anyway. Actually, print on the keys is crisper on the red phone and kind of bold on the brown...which makes the red look better. Floodlight is kind of silly, i don't know if the original is the same but in the dark you can see the key print only at certain angle...if you look straight at it, key print is pretty much invisible...

Dean

Can't take pics right now but brown leather is a bit darker than the original but still very classy shade of brown. Red is girly, and it is for my wifey anyway. Actually, print on the keys is crisper on the red phone and kind of bold on the brown...which makes the red look better. Floodlight is kind of silly, i don't know if the original is the same but in the dark you can see the key print only at certain angle...if you look straight at it, key print is pretty much invisible...

Dean

Thanks for your prompt reply,

so wich one do you suggest me to buy?

i dont care i love both but i have to choose only one so i would like to take the better finished

Cheers,Peto