When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 111H's . . . Where Are They?

I seem to remember a month or two ago some discussion about a new version of the 111H with improved CDG engraving and operating swan neck, like the latest "Panerai"-engraved ones. Anyone hear anything more about this? Thanks.

You can ask the dealers. They can build you one with the new movement.

CDG movement?

It just seems that if they were available, people would already be buying and posting pics of them. And, the dealers would be advertising them. But, you're right, I should just ask.

You mean the H series movement with working swan neck? It's coming out soon afaik.

Save your money and get a non-display back historic with a swiss unitas. The money saved can be used for pin fix, relume, and crown if you so desire. I seriously don't understand why people spend the money on the "fancy" movements. The $150-200 premium spent seems foolish.

Save your money and get a non-display back historic with a swiss unitas. The money saved can be used for pin fix, relume, and crown if you so desire. I seriously don't understand why people spend the money on the "fancy" movements. The $150-200 premium spent seems foolish.

I've already placed my order with Palp for the 2.1mm crown. Estaban, which model numbers correspond to the non-display back historics? Thanks.

I've already placed my order with Palp for the 2.1mm crown. Estaban, which model numbers correspond to the non-display back historics? Thanks.

005, 000, 001. There may be others. The functionality of a standard 6497 is identical to the "decorated" newer versions (as long as you're comparing swiss with swiss). Even if I did have a display back, I still wouldn't care. I had a 111G with a display back.

I ordered a crown as well for my 029. Now all I need is a 6mm cyclops that actually has magnification and I have the perfect rep.

BTW-I always appreciate what you have to say on the board. You have good taste in watches and don't ruffle any feathers.

Stephen

I don't understand what is the fixation with these movements, these movements have the same functionality as a normal Swiss ETA 6497-1 anyways. These movements won't fool someone in the know anyways, as there is always a giveaway on these movements, such as bad finishing or incorrect font. It's not worth to pay another $100 for it.

I say get a 001, as that watch is the closest to gen when all mods are complete. I say you should try to get an actual set of the canon pinion to mod it, as the Davidsen capped hands still look a bit "fake" to me. Relume, crown and maybe AR caoting and you're good to go, you've got something that is 99.9% to the genuine. You should do a 005 if you like it, but the only problem is the caseback is inaccurate, but I think Davidsen has a correct caseback avilable too.

I was speaking to Davidsen about his 005 (which I will be ordering very soon... ) this is a pic he sent, they look awesome............(hope dont mind me using picture Davidsen)

84983-29584.jpg

Superlumed, closed case back, no recessed pin etc.......

I have the 'new' and 'best' Titanium 111H on steel and titanium bracelet...with functional swan neck......correct bridge plates with CDG and 'engraved' Officine Panerai...not.....stuck on letters......also has genuine blue AR coating and sapphire glass.......correct bevelled edge gears......manual winding Swiss ETA Unitas 6497 ( OP XI 2005) 21,600 VPH ....and at a good price.....!

Case Diameter 44 mm

Sapphire Crystal watchglass.!

Watch out for a photo pictorial.....today...>!

Edited by TTK