When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIc IHS from PT

cib0rgman

I just received this one from PT is the GMTIIc IHC. there a couple of thing that I see are off.

1.- The GMT Hand does not move at all I can adjust it but that is all I can do it will stay in that position.

2.- The bezel does not have a click it does not make a sound like the youtube video does

3.- Thee is a Gap between the case and one of the endlinks looks like is smaller.

Any comments, can owners of GMTIIc shine a light on this.

Overall impression is a pretty watch

100_3733.jpg

Definite problem regarding GMT hand. I too have IHS but GMT hand does move properly. I cant' remember if bezel clicks, I want to say it doesn't. Gap between links is common I have it too.

I would contact your seller to straighten out.

I have the CHS version, and the bezel definitely clicks. I would expect the IHS version to have the same case and bezel, so that'd be a concern for me.

1.- The GMT Hand does not move at all I can adjust it but that is all I can do it will stay in that position.

Any comments, can owners of GMTIIc shine a light on this.

Try pulling the stem out to the time-setting position & running the watch through a complete 24 hour cycle (running the hour hand around the dial twice). Then, press the stem in to the 1st notch (the date/GMT hand setting position) & run the date through all 31 dates. Then turn the stem in the opposite direction & see if the GMT hand moves. If it does, move it through 2 full revolutions of the dial & then press the stem back down & screw it in. Then let the watch run for several hours & see if the GMT moves normally.

The GMT hand stopped on mine (also from PT) but I reset everything to midnight, wound it forwards 48 hours and it has been fine since. My bezel doesn't make a classic click noise but there seems to be some debate about the actual noise it is meant to make, I can't say that the bezel potenitally making the wrong noise bothers me in the slightest.

Do these ones work Different that A7750 with GMT function, because I have a DSN 088 and it works as it should. I keep it sync with the GMT time 5 hours ahead of my time. not a problem there.

I will try a couple of more thing, sometimes it look like the GMT is not working right it should be two complete turn for a 24 cycle.