When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why is there NO good AP RO Chhrono or Offshore rep?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Spent some time browsing thepurists AP forum....

It made me wonder.... why is there no high quality AP Offshore or Royal Oak Chrono rep?

When they are able to make an almost perfect 187 why don't they do the AP?

Maybe Honpo should be contacted? He was able to contract some cool projects with factories....

I would get a nice AP made with quality of my Honpo 187 in a second!

Cheers!

The guys at Paneristi.com seem to really like the RO as well. I've seen some incredible pics over there. Chi-Ching. Way too rich for my blood. I tried on the new slim design RO Jumbo while I was in Venice in March. Nice watch, but way over priced. $10,000 for a stainless steel watch with so-so looks.

The sub dial is at 12 on a Genuine AP. Will a 7750 turned on it's side with mods not do the trick?

hmm.....maybe

But the date window will have to stay at 3 o'clock, and also the winding crown, which if the movt is flipped would be at 6 o'clock, will need to be moved back to 3 o'clock as well.

Is this mod possible with the 7750 movt?

Whatever happened to the MBW prototype of the AP RO chrono that made a brief appearance a good 2 years ago?

I think he actually had a few for sale but then it completely dropped off the radar. It was a pretty expensive rep.

Not saying these are great ...but good value for money.....the 7750 isn't suitable for the sub-dial spacing on an AP RO 'graph......I've been pestering the life out of my supplier to get it done...same answer all the time from the factory.....NOCANDO....!

82087-30166.jpg

82087-30167.jpg

82087-30168.jpg

82087-30169.jpg

82087-30170.jpg

82087-30171.jpg

82087-30172.jpg

82087-30173.jpg

82087-30174.jpg

82087-30175.jpg

Edited by TTK