When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 165.024 vintage Seamaster300

ubiquitous

That's a beauty... and most likely a very good investment in the long run as well. The value of this particular watch model has been increasing every year.

Guest carlsbadrolex
Thanks, gang! One of my favorite pieces! But sadly, it spends more time in the safe deposit box instead these days...

SAFE DEPOSIT BOX??? Are you kidding me? Come on people, a good floor safe can be had for the cost of a super-rep. Keep your watches at home where you can touch them, feel them, love them... NO ONE likes to make trips to the bank to visit their belongings. Its like supervised visitation for your children....

I chatted with a new member of this forum a few weeks ago who happens to have a $100k watch in a safe deposit box over 1000 miles from his home. I damn near shat myself... That thing would be in a floor safe next to my toilet where I could look at it at least once a day (usually around 9pm).

T

Thanks for the info CBR, and tell me what is your address?

I will be easy to spot though, I will be the one wearing kevlar grade5 armor and ceramic plates front and rear!

I know your reputation ;)

T-

While I agree, it would be nice to keep such items at home, I just like the idea of keeping things in the bank vault (I also keep other important items, documents etc in the SD box). A visit to the bank is just a few minutes away, and it's nice to know that should anything happen to our house, the items are secured offsite.

Plus, it's not terribly expensive...