When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Bentleys, they're everywhere

pman

I went to the mall last evening and saw two guys wearing Breitling Bentleys. The first guy was behind the counter at take-out restaurant and had on a BB white face. I got a decent look at the watch and it was pretty impressive. I complimented him on his watch and left it at that.

The second guy almost ran into me when he turned around quickly to point something out to his wife. He had the red faced BB. I was thinking to myself that they're multiplying faster than rabbits. Now both could have been gens, but I doubt it. What concerns me is that a watch that is supposed to be a high end, exclusive watch just all of a sudden shows up in two times in the same day. I live in an upscale area but I haven't seen one before today. Have you guys seen many BB watches recently? Are you afraid that if there are a bunch of reps will "cheapen" yours? From the standpoint of exclusivity that is?

I'm considering the Navitimer (tri-compax blue dial). I live in a rather prosperous area myself, and I've seen them on wrists here. Breitlings are great looking watches so I wouldn't hesitate. As for the exclusivity, when I'm out and about, I see Seiko, Citizen, Fossil (shudder), Timex, Rolex, etc., and wannabees of every kind. It will probably be some time before Breitling reps or gens become too common. Rolex has that dubious honour among higher-end watches now, and if anyone is next in line it is Omega.

If you want exclusive, I would be thinking IWC, VC, Patek, or maybe something like Harry Winston or Richard Mille if you want to be a little more creative. Vintage anything will also set you apart if you are into that. (Vintage Navi maybe?).

You have to ask yourself "can I pull it off?" Exclusive is exclusive for a reason.

One other thing. Breitling reps have traditionally sucked, it's just recently that we have come upon some good ones here, so if you see well made Breitling reps in the wild, they probably know of this place. Just come up to them and say "Jetmid" and offer the secret handshake. :whistling:

I went to the mall last evening and saw two guys wearing Breitling Bentleys. The first guy was behind the counter at take-out restaurant and had on a BB white face. I got a decent look at the watch and it was pretty impressive. I complimented him on his watch and left it at that.

The second guy almost ran into me when he turned around quickly to point something out to his wife. He had the red faced BB. I was thinking to myself that they're multiplying faster than rabbits. Now both could have been gens, but I doubt it. What concerns me is that a watch that is supposed to be a high end, exclusive watch just all of a sudden shows up in two times in the same day. I live in an upscale area but I haven't seen one before today. Have you guys seen many BB watches recently? Are you afraid that if there are a bunch of reps will "cheapen" yours? From the standpoint of exclusivity that is?

I was at Tourneau in Chicago today. They had like 6 Breitling Bentley's in their window...first gens I've seen. They are freaking huge...and while I love Breitlings (am wearing my EL Navitimer right now) the Bentley is just too garish for me. The bling effect of the decorative bezel is brutal IMO, makes you look like a pimp. Standard Navitimer or Navitimer Fighters is much more classic.

Each there own though, taste is from the eye of the beholder... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Are you afraid that if there are a bunch of reps will "cheapen" yours

Does not bother me at all. I know mine is a genuine and thats all that matters. I dont care how good a rep it is if you got the real thing you can spot a fake in a heart beat. Case in piont. I was standing in line at IKEA yesterday and the gentlemen in front of me (very well dressed miiddle aged business type) was sportin a fake Submariner. It was a very good one EXCEPT for the dang shallow rehault. Now this is a very small flaw but if you know what to look for it sticks out like a sore thumb. So again it doesnt cheapin my genuine BB or genuine Panerai or any other of my genuines.

81960-30200.jpg

Edited by Relaxman

The other day I was at a food joint outside a big club in LA at about 2am...I see a young guy about my age with a full size Bentley with Blue face...I walk over and comment on his watch. He immediately out his hand beneath the table and asks about my 196.....they sell horrible copies of these in LA and Venice beach.....they are a joke compared to our dealer new offerings...however they are still not even close to as common as any Rolex.

Edited by CY0811