When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Midsize

DemonSlayer

Thanks for the response guys.

I'm going for a gen, and a Quartz model (YIKES :p) The reasoning behind this is that I now have my grail mechanical watch and I don't need another one which will require servicing costs etc.

This is the model I'm looking to go for:

2263.80.jpg

To me, this one looks the most handsome out of the seamaster series. That dial is something else. The quartz model should be cheaper than the automatic and the mid-size may also make this one cheaper. I'll have to do some research to find good prices on this one.

What would be a good price for a pre-owned, mid-sized quartz model of this one?

Im not too sure about pricing, but one thing to bear in mind is that when you are buying a gen, it's best to go for what you want instead of opting for a model due to financial reasons.

If you like the full size Bond, it may be worth waiting a bit longer and saving enough to get the quartz version of that, or even the black SMP. However, if you truly like this SMP (it is a beauty) then go for it, but don't buy it because it is currently your only option due to budget. That would be my advice

ps Try TZ, Omegas crop up over there quite often, and they are usually at very competitive rates.

I used to have a gen SMP quartz for my daily beater and IMHO you just can't go wrong. It's also a great plus to have a quartz in your collection as they're ready to go at a seconds notice. I always appreciated the fact that I had a great watch that can go and do everything that never needed to be manually wound or needed to be kept on my winder, which is always crowded. I think you made a great choice. Enjoy.

My eyes... that's a horrible rep!! Where do you guys dig up these monstrosities? :bangin::D

PS: That Electric Blue Seamaster is a beauty. Definitely my favorite of the SMP line (along with the Bond).

I recently bought a midsize SMP "Electric Blue" from Mickey Padge. It is the automatic and is a beautiful "little" watch. In actual fact it's not really "little" but because I own so many 45mm+ monsters, it just seems that way...

Here's a quick pic:

dscn0240ra3.jpg