When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham Chronofighter

dadog13

This is definitely my favorite Graham...

after I saw a couple of days ago that a Raymond Weil rep has been released with the case and bracelet with carbon fibre parts, I started thinking about this one and how it would be really nice to see this rep finally come out...if they bothered repping the Raymond Weil they should do this one too...

pics of GEN for reference :

f_joycoll2ovam_0abb900.jpg

f_joycoll2ovam_a568581.jpg

f_joycoll2ovam_c18369e.jpg

• 1 month later...

I and another guy on another Forum had no power reserve on the movement Graham Diver. I would suggest looking at the quartz movement (same case, strap but with mineral crystal for $ 140 delivered from several dealers). Two dealers say theirs have Saphire crystal but I think they are mistaken. You can't get the diver in quartz. IT was beaturful watch. too bad the movement was faulty.

If they make the DIver in quartz with the saphire crystal I will go for it. You can't tell it is quartz since the ticking dial is one of the samller chronos. IF the Chrono is not running.

I ended up get my $ back on the faulty Graham (7750) and went for a quartz Oris Coste diver on it way from china for $ 118 delivered. I will post a review when I get it>

Go Quartz !

I and another guy on another Forum had no power reserve on the movement Graham Diver. I would suggest looking at the quartz movement (same case, strap but with mineral crystal for $ 140 delivered from several dealers).

Go Quartz !

ok, you TWO had problems with the movement so the 100+ happy owners of the 7750 powered Grahams should go quartz too? NO F WAY!

go with the asian7750...there are no problems at all! forget the quartz

I would suggest looking at the quartz movement (same case, strap but with mineral crystal for $ 140 delivered from several dealers).

You can't tell it is quartz since the ticking dial is one of the samller chronos. IF the Chrono is not running.

Go Quartz !

Quarts movement dial sub dial spacing is too close. Dial is visible wrong

No thanks. )

If 7750 does not have power reserve enough then just service is needed. After that your watch will be ok ca 5 years probably

I agree the spacing of the chronos is to close on the quartz but I know what I am getting and it should be reliable. I have had 7750 and the asian automatic of the top quality reps and still problems of the watch stopping. My quartz theory is a way to be done with movementment problems for good and save $ also. The only bad thing is some (most ) of the reps that I am gettign will have mioneral crystal instead of Saphire. The Factories that make Graham for instance use the same case and strap but replace the mopvement and crystal and cut the price in 1/2. If you are patient and can wair 20 days from the day you order you can get the free chipping ($ 30 savings ).

The spacing problem depends on the watch. The Oris quartz Coste does have the close spacing on the subdials but the Graham Chronofighter looks the same to me as the automatic. IF the ticking hand is the small chrono it will not be obivous it is quartz unless you run the Chrono.

I agree the spacing of the chronos is to close on the quartz but I know what I am getting and it should be reliable. I have had 7750 and the asian automatic of the top quality reps and still problems of the watch stopping. My quartz theory is a way to be done with movementment problems for good and save $ also. The only bad thing is some (most ) of the reps that I am gettign will have mioneral crystal instead of Saphire. The Factories that make Graham for instance use the same case and strap but replace the mopvement and crystal and cut the price in 1/2. If you are patient and can wair 20 days from the day you order you can get the free chipping ($ 30 savings ).

The spacing problem depends on the watch. The Oris quartz Coste does have the close spacing on the subdials but the Graham Chronofighter looks the same to me as the automatic. IF the ticking hand is the small chrono it will not be obivous it is quartz unless you run the Chrono.

That sounds just like the argument for cheap quartz over swiss mechanical made back in the 70s.

That sounds just like the argument for cheap quartz over swiss mechanical made back in the 70s.

The Dealers who are now carry this type of rep are filling a nitch in the marketplace. People like me have had too many problems with automatics and are about to exit the hobby. This gives us a reliable movement not to mention 1/2 the price of the 7750 or asian equivelent 2824 etc. My only gripe is the Mineral crystal. The case/strap/bracelet are the same as the 7750 model. It is like General Motors offering a Chevrolet vs the Cadilac. General motors would prefer you buy the Cadilac but are willing to make less by selling many more Chevrolets for less profit.

I also like the shipping included in the price. From the day I ordered it will take 15 days Registered mail by speedpost tracking. The EMS price ofr 3-5 day shipping is $ 30 and I know Silix says he is about to raise his EMS shipping again.

I think it is worth waiting 7 to 10 days more to save on the shipping.

This way I can buy the Oris Quartz Coste AND the Graham quartz Chronofighter for about the same cost as ONE of the 7750 movements. Eash to their own.

Steve

I saw and handled this in an AD once. It's _LIGHT_ because it's made from titanium. I read a post here about factories in china not doing Ti based because of the high cost?

On the other hand, it seems like you can get away with a beadblasted SS finish, but it will still be heavier than the gen, if that floats your boat ;)

All of the Oris is made of Steel including the 7750 models. They say titanium but it isn't. Some other reps of differnt brands do make titianium but I am not sure how much titianium ? The Oris watch is on the heavy side.

you are a little bit confused...what are you trying to say?

who is saying that some of the rep Oris are made out of titanium? no titanium Oris reps out there...

I for example have the old school Seawolf, CACC 48, DeWitt that are made out of titanium and it is 4 sure ti..you can feel it because they are light...not heavy as the SS watches...

ok, you TWO had problems with the movement so the 100+ happy owners of the 7750 powered Grahams should go quartz too? NO F WAY!

go with the asian7750...there are no problems at all! forget the quartz

Heh, I'm pretty sure that I'm that second guy he's talking about, and I'm not going quartz anytime soon. ;-) My watch would stop after a few hours off the wrist ... like, every night when I took it off to go to sleep. Anyway, I sent mine back to Josh, and I don't know whether the movement was repaired or replaced, but when I got it back it was running like a charm.

Cheers,

Ari

• 1 month later...
I've just noticed this Graham Chronofighter Commander on Ioffer. Why go to the hassle of making a carbon fibre dial, only to stick it in the standard oversize case (rather than the divers case which is also available), in SS rather than Ti, and without a carbon bezel? Just to add the final insult, they write 'Commando' on the dial rather than 'Commander'. Out of principal, I couldn't wear that - imagine all of the 'going Commando' jokes you'd get in the office!