When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brown Flying B has landed....

Dave123

Fast shipping from my man Josh as always,thanks again my friend....

First impressions are that indeed the dial is awesome,just as i had hoped,i don't have AD lighting in my house,wish i did,the brown dial for this watch is perfect,i think i made the right choice there,a damn classy watch,numerals look awesome.....

Case is great,just my size,caseback is very nice,IMO....and the datewheel and font are fine with me,good enough....the watch itself i am thrilled with,i wanted a Flying B,at gen price i will only do it if in gold with bling....maybe down the road i will trade in my SA and work something out to get one,but for now,this rep B will do the trick,its very nice..... B)

The bad part,i hate this bracelet and clasp,its the same one used on the other Bentley reps,i had hoped they would improve it for this watch,no go.....to me its a cheap feeling bracelet and the clasp is a pain in the as s to unlock.......

Not a big deal though as looking at this watch,SS bracelet is not meant for it,a gen leather strap will be going on it,the style of this watch needs the leather to compliment the classy appearance,its not the usual blingy Breitling like my SA that goes great on SS.

Now i know why Breitling always uses leather for pics of this watch,its the right way to go.....so while the bracelt is not the best,doesn't matter,gen leather it is.....

The price is something of question,do i consider it to be a better quality overall watch then the 6.75?....yes i do,the dial is impressive,the case and domed crystal over the MOP numerals are top notch.....the bracelet is the only let down to me,if you are really keen on a Flying B,go for it price wise,if your on the fence about liking this watch or not......maybe wait for a resell if one comes up...thats all i can say about the cost issue as it doesn't bother me at all,but bothers some....

My attempt at pics.....

P8080172.JPG

P8080170.JPG

P8080168.JPG

P8080166.JPG

P8080179.JPG

P8080182.JPG

And some night club lighting,LOL...

P8080192.JPG

Actually the AR for a Breitling rep is good,it doesn't have that ridiculous blue hue that covers the crystal most of the time,like the BCE,Blackbird and ETA version SFSO....

Very happy with it,though the Concord C1 rep is most impressive in that department,unreal.

I have no idea man,last time i measured that was the last time i measured ol bobo as well....think i was still a teenager at the time.... :p

It doesn't wear as big as a Super Avenger,which is what i'm use to....i'm around 6'4 220lbs so wrist size doesn't really matter,overall body size does...imo...

I am still waiting for the person who posts "I have the car deciding whether to wear the watch." I am also waiting for the guy who actually owns a Bentley or a Ferrari and also owns the watch. If I conclude I want the watch without owning the car I would buy it. It is not like you are staring at some huge horse or huge spokes on the back. :lol:

Seriously, Dave - the watch looks really good and I can't wait to see it on a strap. That may be the determining factor for me. I am loving the case and the dial but I agree the bracelet is a turn-off.

• 5 months later...

Nice watch, I have the same on and it is replicated quite well. Unfortunatly for me, it doesn't get as much wrist time as I would like. I tried on the gen and it does feel different. Maybe the color of the date font is throwing me off? The feel of the gen is quite different. It is very heavily polished and feels different. I don't know about you Dave. I know you have tried on the gen, so how do you think it compares?

Very beautiful, Dave. From some of the pics it appears that the Datewheels are not aligned correctly. Is this the case and is it something inherent in the sec@3 bentley's? or am I seeing things?

I'm really on the fence with my buying decision on this one. :whistling:

What is the deal with the datewheels @ 12 on the bentley models? Same with my 6.75, I Just couldnt live with it. Got replacement datewheels and they were off too the left 0 seems to lean to the left. Seen a few bentleys for sale and they are off as well. Is this a problem with the bentley double date models or have I just seen the bad ones?

BVC.

I know what you mean about the gen feel Allan,its a good replica and the dial color is spot on to the gen,but there is not a real gen feel to any rep Breitling really. I bought that gen croco strap to try to get the gen feel,but those straps are like wood,bugged me quickly enough after this thread was put up.

The DW's lined up on certain days but some days were off,that is also the reason i got rid of it and my 6.75 reps as well.

Edited by Dave123

• 2 weeks later...