When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is going on in America and the rest of the world...

milsub5517

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acording to FBI's web site (as of 9/12/08, i.e. 7 years later) Bin Laden is wanted for crimes he commited in 98 ... 9/11 is not even mentioned...

Your point?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/terbinladen.htm

Not enough evidence to tie him to sept 11 yet.

Although, according to Sarah Palin, it was Saddam:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

The moon landing, American involvement in WWII, the assassination of JFK, etc., etc., etc. all have their theories that all claim to rest their conclusions on "science" and yet are impervious to the the most rational analysis that the debunkers offer up. If you disagree they will say it is because you have been fooled or, worse, brainwashed and are one of "them."

You cannot argue against these types of "theories" because you will never win. They have an answer for everything and it will only drive you mad.

Nevertheless....

Sounds scarily similar to arguments involving religion !

munch.gif

ok time to lock the thread before *they* go off ;)

Sounds scarily similar to arguments involving religion !

That is precisely it.

Anyone willing to forgo reason and believe completely irrational made up [censored] is acting on faith. They want to believe something so much they will ignore their own rational mind telling them it can't be so. Some have to fight it so hard they start believing in mind control to explain when they have moments of lucidity.

Well, the psychology of conspiracy theory is complex. And the line sometimes hard to draw. There ARE bad people in the world and there ARE cover-ups. But knowing which is which depends on a good dose of common sense combined with critical thinking skills and a touch of skepticism.

Common to most conspiracy theories is a notable lack of all three - and the presence of a lot of magical thinking.

What the U.S. media reports about these issues shouldnt be fully trusted just as most conspiracy theories cant fully explain what exactly happened. The truth probably lies somewhere in between. But the truth is sometimes better unknown since it may cause one's bubble to burst and outside that bubble of society, mankind has been partaking in ruthless and barbaric behavior for thousands of years- fighting over land, resources and wealth every moment of every day. This is nothing new. Was 9/11 allowed to happen in order to help secure some of the most valuable and potentially dangerous (in the wrong hands) land in the world? Is that what it took in order to unite this nation against a so-called War on Terror so other countries could be invaded? Was the attack actually done by the Arabs but used by the U.S. as a way to get into Iraq? Is the Federal Reserve an unjust organization that keeps the U.S. buried in debt? We will never know. But I do know this: I am a proud American and love this country dearly. My 4 uncles served in Vietnam and my Grandfather was a decorated WW2 officer later serving in the CIA. These topics have come up a great deal while speaking with my family members and in the end we all agree that the most serious issue at hand is that our civil liberties are slowly disappearing one by one. No matter who bombed what...this has to stop now.

Edited by CY0811

• 4 months later...