When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is going on in America and the rest of the world...

milsub5517

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people will have more common sense than to get into a flame war over this. I took a brief look at some of the material - it is all tin foiler silliness but pretty much every major world event has generated myriad conspiracy theories. The moon landing, American involvement in WWII, the assassination of JFK, etc., etc., etc. all have their theories that all claim to rest their conclusions on "science" and yet are impervious to the the most rational analysis that the debunkers offer up. If you disagree they will say it is because you have been fooled or, worse, brainwashed and are one of "them."

You cannot argue against these types of "theories" because you will never win. They have an answer for everything and it will only drive you mad.

Nevertheless....

munch.gif

These movies will make you think / re-think some of the events that have happaned in the not so distant past.

No, they just make you laugh. :)

All the 9/11 conspiracies are based on bad science and false assumptions. Yes, some hokey things went on, but hokey things are always going on. Pick any date and you can find examples of the government acting conspiratorially because that's their job.

Check out the myriad of debunkings of Loose Change, for instance:

Then, just let Penn & Teller tell you how it is.

So I take it no one here is thinking / re-thinking some of the events that have happened in the not so distant past?

Like what?

9/11? No rethink needed. Some Saudis flew a couple of planes into the towers. What's so hard to believe about that?

Moon? We went. Deal with it.

JFK Shot by one man: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Iraq? Oh yeah, there's your conspiracy. See? You can't keep something like the forged papers and premises a secret. That's what happens to real conspiracies; we find out.

Watergate? See what I mean about finding real conspiracies out?

Any more you're thinking about? How about rainbows? They must be a government conspiracy as well!

http://www.break.com/index/insane-rainbow-...iracy-lady.html

See, the problem is that a lot of the 9/11 conspiracy believers also believe in crap like the rainbows, UFOs, Roswell Rods et al.

I really don't give a CRAP about the theories. I do care about what is real.....I am scared of polices like the patriot act that we are told is needed to keep us safe.

I don't know about any of you but one of the many really cool things this act offers is that we can have our home searched with or without being home with no warrant and we could be arrested and held with no legal representation for as long as possible without telling you what the charge is????

This is just one of the many cool things that could happen on our own soil if you are suspected of having any ties with terror. You just have to be suspected..that's it! It was expanded to include domestic terrorism which means that they can do whatever they want with Americans to. If anyone has read the patriot act the wording is so vague that they could "in theory" lock you up and throw away the key without cause ( I am sort of embelishing)

I don't really know enough about this stuff to interpret it better but wow....

freedom from fines and forfeitures without trial.....I can see this one from our bill of rights slowing being wiped out :unsure:

THAT IS REAL SH*T. Doesn't that scare anyone???

Somebody took our constitution and wiped their a$$ with it and told us it's for our own safety!!

This is the first time I have ever cused in a thread :lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1 from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

I don't really post anything of importance..mmmm...ever here :p

But I am glad you see some of the frightening stuff that has been made a REAL law in our land to keep us safe.

I don't want to start a debate as to 911 and what happened....I don't care about the how. I am only worried about the ramifications that have become law as a result of the events.

Like what?

9/11? No rethink needed. Some Saudis flew a couple of planes into the towers. What's so hard to believe about that?

Moon? We went. Deal with it.

JFK Shot by one man: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Iraq? Oh yeah, there's your conspiracy. See? You can't keep something like the forged papers and premises a secret. That's what happens to real conspiracies; we find out.

Watergate? See what I mean about finding real conspiracies out?

Any more you're thinking about? How about rainbows? They must be a government conspiracy as well!

http://www.break.com/index/insane-rainbow-...iracy-lady.html

See, the problem is that a lot of the 9/11 conspiracy believers also believe in crap like the rainbows, UFOs, Roswell Rods et al.

You forgot

Tony Robbins

They believe in him too.

I don't really post anything of importance..mmmm...ever here :p

But I am glad you see some of the frightening stuff that has been made a REAL law in our land to keep us safe.

I don't want to start a debate as to 911 and what happened....I don't care about the how. I am only worried about the ramifications that have become law as a result of the events.

George Bush is a puppet, he is controlled by [censored] Chaney and Karl Rove.

They are PERSONALLY responsible for the state of the economy in this country and are PERSONALLY responsible for the unnecessary deaths of thousands of U.S. and Iraqi military and civilians.

If you don't believe it..you are living in a dense fog. A fog generated by the current administration.

We...the American people share the blame for the current state of affairs.

One of my greatest fears is that John McCain will be elected and continue these same policies.

Proving the allegations of these 9/11 conspiracies is a moot point. It has happened. We must prevent it from happening again.

I am one of those who is of little faith.

Wow. Although many people carry some blame for the world's ills you are just a little on the naive side. Do you really think the president, VP or advisors has that type of power? The economy is much more complex than a few men or even one country.

And until you have experienced war, which I almost surely think you haven't, don't worry about being an armchair warrior. Go back to your shadetree latte and leave the discussion to men of action. There are plenty of locations in the world that will teach you all about politics, failed economies, sodomy and if you are lucky they might even throw in a side of killing your kids (on purpose). Check with the state dept and they will give you a list of some of your dream destinations.

I don't really want to debate conspiracy. I am not even a political person. I want our country to be safe but not at the cost of all my freedoms......

I don't have all the facts but even a regular guy that really doesn't pay attention to politics sees that this is not right.

I mean.....geeze....my stupid passport has a chip in it. What are they going to do next in the coming years....electronically tag me? :(

I don't know. It doesn't seem like this is the solution if you spend any real time thinking about it. I asked my wife if she would be ok having a RFID tag implanted in her and she is all for it. WTF? "I think it would keep us all safe" was her rational. I don't bother arguing with her. I know better :lol:

:o

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of Rocket...I am just a regular guy and I think America ROCKS...I just would hate to see things go terribly wrong.

then educate yourself and get more involved!

for instance, look up who is economy advisor to presidential candidate mccain. (Phil Gramm). and what he (and his wife too) has done in the past. this should give you an idea about what kind of people are up there. unfortunately this political system can only produce clones, there is no change. and regular americans just dont give a damn, they are more concerned about getting their pay check and paying off that car/house/kids day care etc. in the free time most people are conusmed by television and all the crap that comes from the screen. people ARE NOT THINKING STRAIGHT! and have no time think actually.

...I just would hate to see things go terribly wrong.
Edited by mil_sub

then educate yourself and get more involved!

for instance, look up who is economy advisor to presidential candidate mccain. (Phil Gramm). and what he (and his wife too) has done in the past. this should give you an idea about what kind of people are up there. unfortunately this political system can only produce clones, there is no change. and regular americans just dont give a damn, they are more concerned about getting their pay check and paying off that car/house/kids day care etc. in the free time most people are conusmed by television and all the crap that comes from the screen. people ARE NOT THINKING STRAIGHT! and have no time think actually.

well of course....I am one of the drones...I still have in my head that I should be buying the next cool gadget and should be upgrading my car....no joke. I have ever so brief realizations when I look around and see what is happening. I am still a young guy so it's not over for me. I don't want to walk through life in a coma...

I know I should educate myself but my generation just doesn't see the point or care for that matter until we are directly affected and by then it may be to late. I want to do something but like everything else it takes guts to change things....

I think what sort of woke me up a little bit is when my dad told me.

"son..you need to wake up to the world around you.....what you see may scare you"

MIL Sub I would agree with you on one point. The average American doesn't care. I wish they did.

I can only assume that your are speaking about the quote "We have sort of become a nation of whiners, you just hear this constant whining, complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline."

Sorry, but we have. As you have graciously offered to provide statements to the fact.

"then educate yourself and get more involved!"

Sorry to break it to you but I have long since been educated and despite my service I have still managed to figure out how to get past my idiotic tendency.

MIL Sub I would agree with you on one point. The average American doesn't care. I wish they did.

I can only assume that your are speaking about the quote "We have sort of become a nation of whiners, you just hear this constant whining, complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline."

Sorry, but we have. As you have graciously offered to provide statements to the fact.

"then educate yourself and get more involved!"

Sorry to break it to you but I have long since been educated and despite my service I have still managed to figure out how to get past my idiotic tendency.

Exactly. It's the perfect enviroment for rule makers to change things around us without anyone really noticing. I am guilty...me and many of my friends and classmates just don't care....not on purpose though. But in the past couple of years I have began to ask myself more questions....not to people or friends but to myself.

You can't change things in the same manner they have been changed in the past. People need to be much smarter these days to outsmart a fox.

this is the single biggest problem. i am not sure what it will take for people to start thinking... blowing up buildings on 9/11 didnt seem to do a thing, attacking another country did n't do a thing (britney's problems still were more important), taking away peoples rights does not seem to do anything. you know, we can go on like this but we all agree that this is not going to lead us to a better place.