When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT master, WOW!!

george1

Just received my new GMT master ruby/diamond from Precious time, a superb dealer and a superb watch, am a vintage nut so this was my first depature into modern reps and I must say I am blown away with this, the date font alignment and mag are spot on and the dial is SUPERB, watch has a feel of quality to it with regards to weight and apperance, does not look to me as if it needs any mods at all (damn) and looks, dare I say it "real" looks like no more vintages for me!!

post-2100-1152269854_thumb.jpg

Sea dweller is fully modded, eta2836 serviced, gen crown and tube, gen aged insert, it has a beautiful grey/blue colour, hollow link sea dweller bracelet, tropic 19, light ageing to dial markers etc, case polished/rounded. will try to post some better pics

@george....you need to read Pugwash's guide to taking better pics......if these are nice as you say they are.....then your photos are doing no justice to them....and in fact could be said that they are making a liar of you......you need to abandon flash when you snap watches......just some friendly advice.....!

Sea dweller is fully modded, eta2836 serviced, gen crown and tube, gen aged insert, it has a beautiful grey/blue colour, hollow link sea dweller bracelet, tropic 19, light ageing to dial markers etc, case polished/rounded. will try to post some better pics

Hmmm... Very nice 1665, but unfortunately, that's not a genuine insert. Genuine vintage inserts for 1665/1680/5513's look like this:

MBW on the left; genuine on the right

82703-30001.jpg

Installed

82703-30002.jpg

82703-30003.jpg

82703-30004.jpg

Also... You'll want a Tropic 39 for the Sea-Dweller; Tropic 19 goes with the 5513 ;)

point taken on the insert, could not find an acrylic pearl so used later one, tropic 19 was all I had at the time , looks ok on the watch though.

There are some flat T-39's around... As well as Superdomes too :) And... Occassionally, some of the acrylic pearls show up on eBay...

Nice looking 16713... Is it the solid 14k one from PT?

P.S. Nice to have another vintage nut in the house ;)