When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How big does the 3717 look?

whitestripes

Hey guys,

Seriously considering the 3717 as my next rep. I currently have a gen Speedy Pro (~42mm) but the tachy scale around the dial makes it look smaller, imho. This watch is probably as big as my wrist can take (lugs don't hang off the sides, fits well). The IWC is also 42mm, but there's a lot of dial, I think. I've also had an Omega Bond GMT that fit my wrist, too. Can you guys post some comparison shots between the 3717 and others? This is why we need a good 39mm Mark XVI (but it'll never come).

Anyway, I don't want to end up like one of those guys who look like a kid wearing their dad's watch. It happens, 'specially with the 45mm PO. This is smaller, but I've seen it happen with the 3717, with the lugs hanging off and the strap pointing inwards. ::shudder::

I think it is a great watch if you have small wrists like mine. I don't have a pic, but compared to the other watches I have the 3717 actually looks the most compact, not a risk at all. The general trend seems to be for big watches on skinny wrists. In contrast my gen Omega speedmaster (39mm) looks tiny.