When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE Datewheel Interest?

szvwj

Is there any interest in an updated BCE Datewheel (I'm not sure if Lello is still making them)?

I'm thinking of having some made, but I don't know if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile. I've figured out the artwork, the color and I have a shop ready to print them, but I probably won't make more than 4 (for me and some friends) unless other people want them. The price would probably be about the same as the Lello datewheels.

Please let me know

I asked the printer to make another sample for me, which I should have by early next week (I'll post pictures).

Does it matter if the color of the font is Black (instead of dark grey)? It's a little more expensive to make it dark grey, but if that's important, I can do it (the sample, however, will be black).

I think I would be interested in 1.

Black color font would be Ok with me as long as the font itself is correct, of the right size, and the wheel functions properly.

Cheers,

M

I asked the printer to make another sample for me, which I should have by early next week (I'll post pictures).

Does it matter if the color of the font is Black (instead of dark grey)? It's a little more expensive to make it dark grey, but if that's important, I can do it (the sample, however, will be black).

@dave_nyc: You're absolutely right, since the BCE-V3 is available with the correct datewheel, there might not be too much interest. I'm definitely not going to make a bunch of these if nobody (except me) wants them. On the other hand, if people want them, I'd be willing to put the effort into making more than what I want. I just need to know how many I should make (I need to buy datewheels).

Question???

If I have a day/date watch (Bentley GT with ETA black font wheels currently) ;would this datewheel fir for the datesor is the window smaller with a day/date watch, this is likely a stupid question since I have the watch and could measure but any knowledge would be helpful to me.

If that would work, I would likely want 2.

Thanks,

M

Well... if these turn out the way I hope (I'll post pictures), I'd be willing to work with you guys (whoever) on making datewheels for other watches. I'm doing this for my BCE, just because I love that watch so much, but I'd consider making them for other watches. We'll know more next week (second batch of samples will be done).

• 4 weeks later...

They're supposed to be done by the end of this week (9/12/08). The supplier told me that he'd have pictures for me by tomorrow evening, which I'll post.

It's taken a long time, because I've had difficulty finding a shop that can produce the quality I want (I really want them to be perfect).

The font should look great (with serifs), in addition, I paid extra to have the color adjusted so that it's a very dark grey. It should be virtually indistinguishable from the gen.

I made extra based on the responses I got in this thread. It appears that some of those people decided instead to purchase lello datewheels, so I'll probably have a few left over.

I got the color from the suggestions of other members and from photos of gen's. Unfortunately, I don't have a gen of my own for reference.

It appears, however, that the color is just slightly off black (just slightly). I know it's pretty-much black, but like I said, I want this to be perfect.

According to takashi ( http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...76748&st=20 ) "the color is a dark gunmetal grey color (not black)"

Also, check out this thread.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=78481&hl=

@bwhitesox, I appreciate your input (as hard is it is to hear at this point).

I'll just have to wait to see how the date wheels look installed in a watch. If the text is too light, I'll have them re-printed.

It may not do much good to show the color on a computer screen, but, this is a sample of the color I'm using.

greytext2.jpg