When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New strap on my modded SMP chrono, check out the pics

NaviChief

I am not sure what made me want to take off the Bond bracelet, as I think its one of the best looking bracelets there is, but I just had to see how this rubber strap looked on it.

I love it. It has completely changed the look and character of the watch (as well as the feel, much lighter and and stays in place on my wrist). Best of all, the thing cost me $8!

As for the watch...its my project from last year. Ressurected broken SMP with serviced ETA 7750, gen hands, shortened stem, and corrected bezel.

2760060569_4a081561e0_o.jpg

2760060165_6dc154dae1_o.jpg

2752795274_a0321aa33b_o.jpg

2751961287_1e36892977_o.jpg

I really think it looks nice! Having said that, I'm more of an "authentic" kind of guy and would love to see a more authentic strap, but Omega really hasn't been on the ball when it comes designing straps for this watch. The only rubber strap listed on the site is the black/white stitch version, which I think does nothing for the watch (yours looks much better). I'd love to see a blue rubber strap, fitted to the case. Possibly the same design as the PO divers strap?