When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

very big flaw on 187

lockum

Hi...

i think the main flaw on the new pam 187 from ed is the cristal....i don`t like it...you can tell it is a replica only seeing the cristal...dubt if it is saphire and no ar coating..

anyone knows the measure of the cristal i think davidsend can make a good one for it...

what do you think?

Please if anyonne knows measure tell me i give it to davidsen ...

(sorry for my bad english...)

anyone knows the measure of the cristal i think davidsend can make a good one for it...Please if anyonne knows measure tell me i give it to davidsen ...

Already PM'd him about an AR crystal for the 187 earlier this week

His response....

Sorry, i do not ahve plans for that.

Sorry not able to help

:(

Light AR coated = nonexistence

You know, people need to call the dealers on this board out on some of that crap. I've always been annoyed by the "synthetic sapphire" = mineral glass nonsense, and now the "light AR" = no AR. I am not thrilled by the "perfect" and "1:1" stuff either. That's not marketing spin as some people claim, it's just not true.

You know, people need to call the dealers on this board out on some of that crap. I've always been annoyed by the "synthetic sapphire" = mineral glass nonsense, and now the "light AR" = no AR. I am not thrilled by the "perfect" and "1:1" stuff either. That's not marketing spin as some people claim, it's just not true.

OK. Instead of "perfect" and "1:1" maybe the dealers should just be honest and say "Flawed rep with X, Y and Z problems." I bet they would sell a lot more watches. Remember... our dealers are just salesman and they try to get us excited about their products. We all know not to expect perfect reps because there is no such thing.

OK. Instead of "perfect" and "1:1" maybe the dealers should just be honest and say "Flawed rep with X, Y and Z problems." I bet they would sell a lot more watches. Remember... our dealers are just salesman and they try to get us excited about their products. We all know not to expect perfect reps because there is no such thing.

I said I didn't appreciate the overwrought "perfect" and "1:1" puffery, I didn't say there was anything unethical about it. Although I certainly appreciate the savvy veteran with eight posts telling me what's up, thank god you're around to show me the ropes. In any case, I respect dealers who are upfront about what they sell, and I would think many of those who buy a lot of watches feel the same way. We're not going to stop collecting because the reps are less than perfect, but having established imperfection as an entirely obvious truth it's still worth dealing with people who don't BS you too much about what you're getting.

As far as the A/R goes, good luck. I think the 187 is too low-production a model to interest davidsen. I'd be interested in seeing how many owners of the current 187 actually would spring $150 plus (my guess on what it would cost) on a AR crystal . . . my guess is not that many, 10-15 people at most. Not something for "just salesmen" to get too excited about. I can live with it, it's not nearly a daily wearer anyway.

Edited by kanerich

The 187's from Joshua and Andrew are supposed to have AR? Guess I should have waited . . .

Normally Light AR coated is AR coated BS, but it does exist sometimes, a 177H I bought from Joshua with "Light AR coating" did have it, whether it was real ro fake I don't know, but there was definitely a blue tint to the crystal. I doubt that their 187 will hae it, as it is the exact same one we got from EL anyways.

It used to be that the so called AR on the original PAM 111 was just a blue tint rather than a full AR coat so I suspect that this is what is being used. The AR I offer is the purple type but I will enquire about the blue coating and let you know on Monday.

It used to be that the so called AR on the original PAM 111 was just a blue tint rather than a full AR coat so I suspect that this is what is being used. The AR I offer is the purple type but I will enquire about the blue coating and let you know on Monday.

I AM IN IF YOU CAN MAKE THE SAME AR COATING (187) AND ABOUT THE 188 I HAVE ONE WITH 7753 ,,,JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE OEM HAVE AR COATING

CHEER

ERIC

Normally Light AR coated is AR coated BS, but it does exist sometimes, a 177H I bought from Joshua with "Light AR coating" did have it, whether it was real ro fake I don't know, but there was definitely a blue tint to the crystal. I doubt that their 187 will hae it, as it is the exact same one we got from EL anyways.

Yes, the 177H I got from River is the same way, the "A/R" coating doesn't jump out at you but it's definitely there. In any case I can live with the anti-reflective crystal, it's the anti-adhesive bezel markers that bother me a lot more.