When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any News From Angus?

So I made my first purchase from Angus last Thursday. Along with a Purchase from Josh which I received On Monday from Josh.

But No News from Angus. My Payment has gone through from my credit card. He said he would be out on Vacation until the 12th.

So I figured maybe he has been bogged down with e-mails. He hasn't responded to any of my e-mails as of today the 15th and no news

of a watch that I paid for last week on Thursday, not to mention the Extra fee for fast shipping I paid for!

From What I hear, He is a trusted Dealer. I'm Sure he is. I'm just wondering why he isn't responding at all.

I have 3 more days before I can dispute the transaction on my Credit Card & get my money back! Don't want to do it, but I paid a good bit for the watch that

I have no news on!

Guys any suggestions?! :wounded1:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a porsche flat 6. My piece arrived with both internal and external bezels misaligned, one hour marker hanging, the running seconds hand slanted and little dents in the external bezel where the strap sits. OBVIOUS LACK OF QUALITY CONTROL! One could argue that the marker dropped in transit, but what about the bezels and seconds hand?

My single biggest disappointment in the rep game so far.

I'm Thinking about calling off the Whole Deal with Him after your feedback guys.

No word from him yet. I think I'm going to call my credit card company and get my money back.

what do you guys say?

I wouldn't go that far. It can be frustrating but he hasn't ripped me off so far.

Angus has always been good to me. I also got a bad watch from him about a month ago...the gray dial Chopard. NOT a cheap watch as you all know! I sent it back well over 3 weeks ago and have had no responce from Angus the last 10 days. Im not worried since he has always come through in the past.

post-13652-1218762637_thumb.jpg thin strap

post-13652-1218762637_thumb.jpg misaligned bezels

And I have just realized that the strap in my p-6340 is thinner than the case, and it shouldn't be. Take a look where the strap meets the case.

To see the misaligned bezels, you should draw a straight line passing through the center of subdials at 6 and 12 positions and projected over the bezels.

Oh man...

post-13652-1218763310_thumb.jpg

Edited by AstroAvia

Hi Everyone,

I tried to place an online order on Angus's website for a ROO Ultimate SS Black on the 13/08/08 but the transaction failed to go through when it came to the payment (technical issues with website) so I emailed him puretime2005@gmail.com asking for an alternate payment method.

I actually got a reply back later that evening from that same email account giving me detailed instructions in regards to making the payment via paypal.

I have yet to make the payment and now am very apprehensive in doing so after reading this thread.

Best Regards,

TonyDill

Hi Everyone,

I tried to place an online order on Angus's website for a ROO Ultimate SS Black on the 13/08/08 but the transaction failed to go through when it came to the payment (technical issues with website) so I emailed him puretime2005@gmail.com asking for an alternate payment method.

I actually got a reply back later that evening from that same email account giving me detailed instructions in regards to making the payment via paypal.

I have yet to make the payment and now am very apprehensive in doing so after reading this thread.

Best Regards,

TonyDill

Hey Tonydill,

If I were you I would wait to see what the outcome of this will be. I'm going to give him 24 more hours. If no Response I'm Going to

Call my credit card company and get my money back and continue to do my business with JOSH.

I have bought a few reps from Josh and his service and Product Quality is Consistently Top Notch. I would Definitely Recommend him for your

purchase.

I bought once from him and he burned me and then stopped communicating as well. He couldn't source hands for a 7750 super rep and had his watchmaker broach Asian hands on without asking first even after I asked him not to when he told me he was having trouble sourcing the hands. He tried to sugar coat it and I caught him. I told him I would wait longer if needed and even pay extra to have it done right and he conveniently "missed" those emails and shipped the bad broach job version of it anyway. He also promised two minor QC issues as a sales pich to get me to buy from him and never even remotely did either of them. I just redid the watch myself so it was right at my expense and it was then perfect. It has since been sold to a happy buyer so all is well.

I didn't respond here to tell that story though really. But I needed to tell it for the back story. The front story is that when I received the watch I tried emailing him several times to offer to ship it back at my expense, pay extra and wait for the 7750 watch I originally ordered. I never heard from him again. That was about 4 months ago and I chose to let it go and not trash him on the forums, until I saw this thread. But the bottom line is that in all my years I have never been disrespected by any other dealer. As far as I'm concerned Angus is a POS liar and a thief. But those qualities I can even stand in this game as it sort of goes with the territory sometimes. Expecting more may be "the right thing" and ethically correct, but sets one up for many disappointments around here. So the bul*sh*t I can stand. Not returning my emails when I ask nicely for a resolution to a problem created by him was and still is unforgivable. I have no doubt one day this will cost him his ticket here...

I bought once from him and he burned me and then stopped communicating as well. He couldn't source hands for a 7750 super rep and had his watchmaker broach Asian hands on without asking first even after I asked him not to when he told me he was having trouble sourcing the hands. He tried to sugar coat it and I caught him. I told him I would wait longer if needed and even pay extra to have it done right and he conveniently "missed" those emails and shipped the bad broach job version of it anyway. He also promised two minor QC issues as a sales pich to get me to buy from him and never even remotely did either of them. I just redid the watch myself so it was right at my expense and it was then perfect. It has since been sold to a happy buyer so all is well.

I didn't respond here to tell that story though really. But I needed to tell it for the back story. The front story is that when I received the watch I tried emailing him several times to offer to ship it back at my expense, pay extra and wait for the 7750 watch I originally ordered. I never heard from him again. That was about 4 months ago and I chose to let it go and not trash him on the forums, until I saw this thread. But the bottom line is that in all my years I have never been disrespected by any other dealer. As far as I'm concerned Angus is a POS liar and a thief. But those qualities I can even stand in this game as it sort of goes with the territory sometimes. Expecting more may be "the right thing" and ethically correct, but sets one up for many disappointments around here. So the bul*sh*t I can stand. Not returning my emails when I ask nicely for a resolution to a problem created by him was and still is unforgivable. I have no doubt one day this will cost him his ticket here...

Bloody hell. That's VERY rude of Angus....

This thread is sure drawing a lot of people's problems. Maybe people have posted these separately, but seeing all these together....Angus needs to get his sh*t together....

Angus always came through for me. Two times watches were lost in transit and he sent me another without a single problem. I recieved a faulty braclet with another watch and a new one was in the mail again without any question. He sent me recently a free deployment clasp for my Graham Diver because of a faulty watch. (free for my inconvienance) I am also waiting for a reply from Angus regarding a Chopard (the pricey one!) that I sent back for repair. But heck...he has been on vacation and he still may be on vacation and I am sure he has PILES of emails to sort through so I will sit patiently....my gut feeling is he will come through as he always has for me in the past.

No doubt Angus does have a lot of emails to go through and by the contents of this thread; most of them are from dissatisfied but patient customers. Although it would seem that he is prioritising potential new revenue/business generation emails first - I suppose after all he is a business man but for me looking after your existing paid customer base would be of higher priority especially when it comes to repeat business and as far building a good reputation goes.

I'm sure Angus is a Good Business man. He Certainly did something right to get on the Dealer List. I Respect that, that's why I purchased from him.

If I'm going to spend my money, I want to get the most for it, just like anyone would. In this particular case I don't feel that the service provider appreciates my business. Therefore I will spend my money at places that I feel as if it meant something to the service provider.

Is Angus a Bad Dude? No. He is just probably overlooking certain things because of the reputation he think he has. What do I think?

Honestly I don't care. That's what he believes to be right. No Problem, I say... I just don't agree. Does that make me correct? No... But all I know is

that it's inconvenient. And what is money for? To make things Convenient. Therefore my money hasn't served it's purpose here.

So I'm going to take it somewhere that it will.

Back to Reality on this....

If Angus had sent a Mass email with the Single Click of a mouse button to his customers saying "I'm Back from Vacation, I am aware of your Orders, I will sort through them and get back to you..." This whole deal would not have happened.

Bottom Line: Good Business man, Bad Business Practice.

Edited by alienfromneptune