When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any News From Angus?

Hey Tonydill,

If I were you I would wait to see what the outcome of this will be. I'm going to give him 24 more hours. If no Response I'm Going to call my credit card company and get my money back and continue to do my business with JOSH.

You need to be more patient - you are not going to lose the right to make a chargeback by waiting another week. In the mean time you should ask the moderators for assistance. That is the way this should be handled. A chargeback is a LAST resort.

That was about 4 months ago and I chose to let it go and not trash him on the forums, until I saw this thread.

Why not? When a member has a bad experience and does not tell the forum, you are impairing others' ability to make informed decisions. Who should we protect, each other or the dealers?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see... on vacation till the 12th... that would mean no posting of watches and probably no responses to emails... a backlog would ensue, both of emails and shipments needing to go out. Obviously the time from your order to the 12th can be considered "dead" time... he wasn't around to deal with the order then, so don't count the time.

I've always been of the opinion that patience is the best thing one can have in this rep business... a charge back should be the furthest thing from your mind at this point... email him and give it a week... if no response try again... if no response ask a mod to contact him on your behalf... 8 days after order to be considering a charge back is just nuts and a good way to get other dealers to take notice and "blackball" yah.

I think you'd find that the average shipping time on our reps is between 9 days and 2 weeks... sometimes longer, sometimes shorter... It also isn't unheard of for dealers to take a couple of days in responding to emails... I think that its safe to say that pretty much everyone else on the forum would feel that you are jumping the gun here.

I wanna make it public that I have just e-mailed Angus regarding my problem (see previous post in this thread). It took 21 days till I get my watch so it could be inspected by me, as I live in Brazil and I had three people involved in getting the watch for me (Angus delivery time was really OK, as the watch was delivered in about 10 days in its first destination in the US). I put my hands on the watch only yesterday, and after carefully inspecting it and rationalizing what to do next, I e-mailed him and posted this message.

I believe his vacation is affecting his response time, and everything will soon be fine for everyone (hopefully). However, I would like to stress that the flaws found in my watch are blatantly obvious, and for that I will not be forgiving.

12 Hours Later and Yet no response. I Shot him another e-mail.

has anyone heard back from him?

Patience.

Every email you send just jams his mailbox up more. Imagine the number of emails you have sent time however many customers he has out there who ignored the autoreply and just kept mailing him and are still mailing him.

Give him time. He will reply and when all is said and done write a factual review of the transaction. If you are still unhappy, lay it all out in a well-drafted post.

If you reach your limit and cannot wait anymore, ask the moderators for guidance and/or help. But checking your email inbox compulsively will only drive you insane. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

Guest Mr Jones

alienfromneptune:

If you are from July on forum, I think you have time to read dealers section and look Angus section - you can find inside that he have SLOOWWWW reply & working time BUT he delivery all orders [don't think about 12h answers]. If you hurry go back to bastard Josh [very quick replies and later 'this is not my problem], I had two Porsche Flat6 ordered only one was working from next two IWC Slevin one was OK and I never recive from him any help [loose 600USD on deal with Josh]. I move to orders to another dealers one is Angus and slowy but I have full support from him in my orders. We have Olympic time in china and I see they don't want talk now about orders using emails on this time, maybe is true what was told on this time china will checking inside all conection and recording all mesages.

Angus has always come through for me....when there was a problem hes always offered to refund or replace the watch. He also has helped with custom projects like a BCE dial swap that other dealers wouldnt touch. Im sure he will help resolve your issue.

Angus comes through again. I also did not hear back from Angus in the last few weeks about my watch repair. This morning a knock at my door and there was a nice package from........ANGUS! After unpackaging there was a perfect Chopard with gray dial. (the pricey one!) I will be wearing it today at a friends BBQ and I am sure it will get lots of attention. THANKS ANGUS!

Walmart reply might be old and tired , but never more relevant, just tired of reading the same crap from impatient buyers, threatening chargebacks when they dont get the communication or delivery time that they want, Our dealers dont do Paypal anymore cos of this , when I came to these forums most of them took Paypal and the chargebacks now mean that they cant because accounts get frozen and all monies lost,

Because of this our payment options are more limited , so we have to hand out our card details over the net. Mines been compromised twice now, once by Yanks and the other by the Chinese.

I know there are other payment options their just not as convenient.

Alright Guys,

I received an e-mail today from Angus. Initially there was a problem with his credit card Merchant not showing my payment.

He sent me another e-mail just an hour later, saying that he had verified the payment and that he is going to ship the watch on monday.

I'm very happy with his response. He has come through as many of you expected here.

Now all I have to do is wait to receive the watch.

One last note. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I absolutely respect that.

TheLawnmowerman mentioned a couple of things which even though might have been a little harsh but was a concern to him. I absolutely respect that.

So What we must remember is that we are all here to share the absolute truth about our experience with the dealers and the products so that not only ourselves but even the newer people coming here to the forum have access to a more complete guide of the replica world.

I want to thank everyone for stating their experiences and concerns about this particular scenario even the Lawnmowerman!

This will only help everyone to understand how things work and what to expect in the future!

Once I have received the Watch I will post pictures and draw a final conclusion.

I think in general its important not to complain publicly until you know for sure that a dealer is giving you a problem. Give them a chance and from my experience buying over 30 reps they will come through. This is especially true of Angus who I have found to go over and above the efforts of other dealers to make everything RIGHT when a problem occurs.

ppfff , a lot of moaning here about 'gettin'my money back and more threads........

You know what kind of hobby you've got, and what kind of purchases you are dealing with.., it's always on the edge.

you win same and loose some ( lost to many in customs unfortunately :( )

I'm waiting on a watch for more than 1 month now, and not worried @ all...

It's all about trust here :D

Walmart reply might be old and tired , but never more relevant, just tired of reading the same crap from impatient buyers, threatening chargebacks when they dont get the communication or delivery time that they want, Our dealers dont do Paypal anymore cos of this , when I came to these forums most of them took Paypal and the chargebacks now mean that they cant because accounts get frozen and all monies lost,

So try to help them understand.

Snide comments don't generally help the situation. They may make you feel better, but they don't help the noob understand the issues you just explained very well above. No one can read a smart ass comment about Walmart and deduce all of that. No one.

It takes about the same amount of time to write a helpful post as it does to write an unhelpful one.

So try to help them understand.

Snide comments don't generally help the situation. They may make you feel better, but they don't help the noob understand the issues you just explained very well above. No one can read a smart ass comment about Walmart and deduce all of that. No one.

It takes about the same amount of time to write a helpful post as it does to write an unhelpful one.

John, I understand and agree with some of your comments, maybe I was caught on a bad day yesterday , I dont know, but fact remains people are fed up with noobs who arnt prepared to read or research anything and then whinge or have a public hissy fit in open forum, threatening this and threatening that when things dont go their way.

Last week I wanted some more watches I've researched what I want, and what versions I want in the previous weeks, I emailed Angus and another up and coming dealer from another forum, the other dealer got back to me with some great prices,

Angus did not , even though he was away and supposed to be getting business looked after by his partner, I got no reply , no major one for me he lost out on a deal for $2000.

And if any of the watches have problems I shall sort it out via PM or email, not lambasting him in open forum, before he's got chance to put things right for me, this is the way I've dealt with all the dealers since coming to the forums, and by doing it this way in private I've had not one bad deal in at least 30 purchases of mostly high end reps.

Point being I did this all on my own by reading and researching first, and communication, not wading in first with my size 12s

thats not the way to get things done, IN ANY BUSINESS.

I've run my own company quite sucessfully for nearly 20 years and when people have treated me anything less than respectfully , they get f**k all out of me, and they get the bad attitude right back at them, this is the way life and business is in general not just on these forums.

Noobs, please read and take this in, and I APOLOGISE for my comments made during one of my not so good moments, but

you cant treat people like that and expect to get anything done fast.