When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A lesson learnt.

pollux1

Without too much detail, my youngest daughter had a stroke at birth, this means she is hemiplegic, paralysed on her right side, and suffers epileptic seizures daily.

Please don't ever feel pity for my daughter as she has perhaps one of the strongest personalities of all my children. Her ailment limits her physically but mentally she is fine ( Thank God )

A day ago she was getting dressed, and rather than use her left hand to brush her hair, she told me she would use her "clever hand" instead, and she did, she fought through what must at least have been less than an easy task, and got on with it. She is still only five!

I share this only with you lot simply because you are a great bunch of guys, and probably wouldn't mind reading this even though i only write it for my little one.

Take care and remember the little things.

Without too much detail, my youngest daughter had a stroke at birth, this means she is hemiplegic, paralysed on her right side, and suffers epileptic seizures daily.

Please don't ever feel pity for my daughter as she has perhaps one of the strongest personalities of all my children. Her ailment limits her physically but mentally she is fine ( Thank God )

A day ago she was getting dressed, and rather than use her left hand to brush her hair, she told me she would use her "clever hand" instead, and she did, she fought through what must at least have been less than an easy task, and got on with it. She is still only five!

I share this only with you lot simply because you are a great bunch of guys, and probably wouldn't mind reading this even though i only write it for my little one.

Take care and remember the little things.

Hey Pollux,

Thank you for sharing.

I can feel the love and pride in your story.

I have been blessed with 2 healthy boys. They are 17 years apart (I know, I'm nuts). My youngest is 11 months old and I get pure joy watching the smallest of new accomplishments. I can only imagine how you must feel watching your little girl overcome her paralysis!!

I'd bet the farm you are a wonderful Daddy!

Thanks again for sharing and have a great weekend.

Mike

I hear you Pol.

Life is a constant struggle. Most often in life, we have to rely on the little things to keep going.

God bless your family and yourself. May you all stay strong. ;)

Thank you mate, and Dutchy also. My strength lies with my children, every day when they see their father being strong for them, they don't realise that it's them who give me strength.

My Grandmother was second only to my Mother in raising me, and once she told me something i've never forgotten. She said "Never hurt a child, for the world will hurt them enough" A lesson i've never forgotten.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Father of four perfectly healthy sons... Appreciate your sharing of your daughters little victory! Your a strong man and should be commended for your pride in her!

T

Father of four perfectly healthy sons... Appreciate your sharing of your daughters little victory! Your a strong man and should be commended for your pride in her!

T

Thank you T, the only thing better than having three sons is having four!