When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another reason I love reps - saves me money!

Gil

I just received my Skyland v2. This is truly the best rep out of the box I have ever purchased, and I own the Rlx GMT II chs and the PAM 252 North Pole. The AR is truly the best I have ever seen - it rivals my gen Panerais and IWCs. The thing I really love about purchasing this watch is it has saved me over $3,500. While I really like the watch, this great rep has made me realize that I don't love the Skyland enough to buy a gen Breitling - what a great test drive. I get to keep a very accurate model for a fraction of the cost of owning the gen - no one would/will know.

;)

I just received my Skyland v2. This is truly the best rep out of the box I have ever purchased, and I own the Rlx GMT II chs and the PAM 252 North Pole. The AR is truly the best I have ever seen - it rivals my gen Panerais and IWCs. The thing I really love about purchasing this watch is it has saved me over $3,500. While I really like the watch, this great rep has made me realize that I don't love the Skyland enough to buy a gen Breitling - what a great test drive. I get to keep a very accurate model for a fraction of the cost of owning the gen - no one would/will know.

;)

My exact thought too in getting reps. Fraction of the real cost for a piece of art. :)

I would never have bought a gen - so buying reps has COST me money, not saved me money.

And if I ever buy a gen now, it will be because of having gotten a taste with reps - and it will end up costing me even MORE money. If I had never discovered reps, I would be a little richer today.

The test drive concept is one that I have been doing for years. This process has landed me 4 gens so far that I learned I couldn't live without because of falling in love with the rep of the watch first such as with the PO, the Steelfish, the Aquatimer and more. Conversely and probably more importantly it has saved me from buying a dozen more that I didn't love and the reps were solely responsible for taming the impulse purchase of many that didn't really "grow" on me. Several PAM's, a Chronoswiss, a Navitimer and a Big Bang. After owning these reps I realized they didn't knock me out and as such I wasn't stuck with a gen to take a big hit on when selling.

Whether helping you to save money on a gen or helping you to spend money more wisely when choosing gens - reps rule!

While I really like the watch, this great rep has made me realize that I don't love the Skyland enough to buy a gen Breitling - what a great test drive. I get to keep a very accurate model for a fraction of the cost of owning the gen - no one would/will know.

;)

If I had the chance to buy a gen for 4,000 or 8 super reps I think I would chose the latter. I would get bored with one gen and 2 gens would scare me to always think I am going to loose one or scratch it etc. If something happens to a rep it is not a big deal. I don't see the difference in a gen to be honest but I am not into it like some guys here. I can justify a real BMW compared to a "BMW like" car because there's a big difference in the ways it drives but can a gen really tell better time that much or feel better? I don't know.

The test drive concept is one that I have been doing for years. This process has landed me 4 gens so far that I learned I couldn't live without because of falling in love with the rep of the watch first such as with the PO, the Steelfish, the Aquatimer and more. Conversely and probably more importantly it has saved me from buying a dozen more that I didn't love and the reps were solely responsible for taming the impulse purchase of many that didn't really "grow" on me. Several PAM's, a Chronoswiss, a Navitimer and a Big Bang. After owning these reps I realized they didn't knock me out and as such I wasn't stuck with a gen to take a big hit on when selling.

Whether helping you to save money on a gen or helping you to spend money more wisely when choosing gens - reps rule!