When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Yachtmaster From ........andrew

cpt390

Guest sub4me

Nice pic. I like the two together looks great. I've often considered this watch. Some say it to much bling but I don't think so, its very sharp good choice.

That is my next purchase. I had a middie gen and sold it to fund my t/t gen datejust last year. It was a bit big and heavy for me, so I am sure I will love the ladies size rep.

Would love to see some wrist shots.

Other than the plat dial and bezel, what are some of the obvious differences between this rep and the gen?

@ watchgirl

The mans Yachtmaster is the third one I've gotten from Andrew.

The one pictured is for a friend who got tired of looking at mine and decided to get one for himself.

I've made the comparison of these with the real thing and they are a remarkably similar.

I'm not the collector type that takes out a micrometer or counts the 28000 beats per minute.

Unless you have a real one next to it (I have) you still must be very learned about Rolex to see the difference.

I have a friend with a real Yachtmaster and I will try to post some pictures of the two together this week.

Some of the more noticable differences with the YM are usually the date mag (which is 2.0x on the genuine), dial color, dial font color, seconds hand color, bezel font/spacing, crown guard shape, and of course, weight (below are some pics to illustrate). cpt's 16622 looks pretty damn good; many of the flaws that were typically found on reps of past appear to have been addressed for the most part (but a few still exist, which is to be expected in reps).

83601-29867.jpg

83601-29868.jpg

83601-29869.jpg

83601-29870.jpg

All in all, a nice looking watch, and one would indeed have to have this one side by side with a genuine to point out differences.

I bought the same YM from the same dealer 2 months ago. I was disappointed by its low quality. Even for a non expert like me it's so obvious it's a rep. On top of it mine has dust & fingerprints under the glass.

So, I haven't worn it so far. I wonder if I will ever do. Useless to have a rep Rolex and hide it...

• 1 month later...