When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Precious Cargo

vlydog

Guest carlsbadrolex

Its pretty funny that got posted here! I was sent a PM at RWI about this. I posted here awhile ago that I had bought several (now up to 23) pelican cases and have each of my watches in one. I also have the Pelican 1200 case that holds 6 watches, as many as 6 straps and a small tool kit. The 1200 cost me around $45 with the pull-apart foam inside. It took about ten minutes to size the watch holes and it is a REAL pelican not like what the guy on Panaristi is selling. I think what he has is a Chinese knock off of a Pelican case with a custom foam insert. I assure you his cost is no more than $75.

The Pelican cases have the pre-scored "pick and pluck" foam which makes them very easy to configure.

Without having mine in front of me to confirm, I would think that removing a 3 square wide by 7 square long section and 3 squares deep you would have a perfect slot for a watch (I think the squares are 1/2" cubes). If you have a lot of big watches, maybe go 4 squares wide.

Not sure why you'd need custom foam. Maybe for the "pillows" but I'm not sure that's even necessary. You could just remove one complete 3x7 layer from the top and one 3x3 layer from the end for the watch "pillow". Since you would be keeping the width of the foam intact this way the watches should not slide around in the slots. I think the foam is dense enough for this purpose, although I suppose it could break down over time.

Edited by tomhorn