When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Breitling Ordered.. Already no good?!

mrshagz

So I received my first Breitling Skyland Avenger.. and the watch is beautiful.. But.... It already seems to be having problems! It needs to be shaken like every 10 mins or the second hands stop working.. Im thinking that if it already has problems now, prolly more to come :S Very sad :( .. Ive already contacted my seller, so lets see what they can do! Bought the watch off eurotimez.com .. mayb I can get my money back and buy from Josh .. Any other ideas on what I can do mayb to save tthis watch thanks!

Why would you want your money back and then risk buying from a drop ship dealer? ^_^

Just get the original dealer you purchased from to repair/replace the watch....

It is part and parcel of the rep game, I have had a fair few duff watches, and every time the seller used has sorted it for me....

How long have you been wearing the watch and are you active and moving about? Can you feel/hear the rotor spin inside the watch?

Cheers! B)

So I received my first Breitling Skyland Avenger.. and the watch is beautiful.. But.... It already seems to be having problems! It needs to be shaken like every 10 mins or the second hands stop working.. Im thinking that if it already has problems now, prolly more to come :S Very sad :( .. Ive already contacted my seller, so lets see what they can do! Bought the watch off eurotimez.com .. mayb I can get my money back and buy from Josh .. Any other ideas on what I can do mayb to save tthis watch thanks!

Try giving the crown 10 turns (slowly) and see how it runs after that for a few days. Eurotimez is a great dealer so he will help all he can

always...I mean ALWAYS buy from Josh.....

Sorry for yours SA by the way...Mine is coming tomorrow....Just hope I dont get the same problem......heard that some more had problems with SA and its movement???

Can't think of anything worse, ordering from a dropshipper or from someone who visually inspects the watch....it's a no brainer for me...Eurotimez everytime!

Ya I read some great things from Eurotimez, and how he takes extra effort to check the watches...

problems already So I turn the crown 10 times, and gave it another shake, so we'll see how it goes... But my view on it is I got problems already so how will it be in 3 - 6- 10-- months.. not a lot of faith.. So hopefully I get my emails responded and I get a new watch soon. Anyone else hear any bad experiences with the Skyland?? Thanks!

Ya I read some great things from Eurotimez, and how he takes extra effort to check the watches...

problems already So I turn the crown 10 times, and gave it another shake, so we'll see how it goes... But my view on it is I got problems already so how will it be in 3 - 6- 10-- months.. not a lot of faith.. So hopefully I get my emails responded and I get a new watch soon. Anyone else hear any bad experiences with the Skyland?? Thanks!

yeah well, you have gotten 5 suggestions from people who have been around - and you have again restated your view - your view is wrong.

Sometimes the movements don't work smoothly out of the gate - the chrono pushers are tuff -

sometimes you get a dud - sometimes you don't.

protocol is to contact the dealer - most likely the dealer will give you a few tips - after the tips have not helped he will have a procedure or he wont to deal with the issue.

if your stuck with a dud watch and the dealer wont do anything, that is the point you come to the board and start talking about "dealer" issues - until then josh or others or whatever talk is all pre-mature.

you can ask of course about tips on how to use the watch - but, drop the dealer speculation until you have actually communicated with that person.

patience kimosabe - patience

your not shopping at Saks Fifth Ave - things take time