When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Vertu arrived last night!

ubiquitous

Thanks, Maciek for helping to facilitate availability to forum members!

Just a quick shot for now...

IMG_2387.jpg

T'is a very cool piece... And, believe it or not, this is the first time in 5 years (+/-) that I've not only owned a cell phone, but will have cellular service :) Hard for a lot of my friends to think, but I never had much need or desire for a cell phone, especially since it was a good reason to avoid having an electronic leash to work (think quiet weekends and holidays). However, with kids, and a lifestyle that's starting to get more active because of the munchkins, it's the right time to come back, methinks.

Now, time to shop services...

Cheers,

R

Congrats on this wonderful acquisition. It's really hard to imagine that you haven't used a cellphone in 5 years. :p

Do post some great (as always) groupshots with your daytonas! ;)

Thanks, sir! I'll try to get some shots later today :)

And yeah... My wife and I were joking about me going so long without a cell phone when it arrived. She's always had her's, so she was ribbing me about stepping up to the new millennium by buying some sort of fancy new gizmo whirlydingy phone. What a girl!

congrats bro, awesome phone, but I was wondering, does it have a GPS?

Or isn't it a smartphone with windows mobile ?

Cheers

Capice

Capice,

I have to admit that I'm an idiot when it comes to these things. I honestly couldn't tell ya if there's GPS, but somehow I doubt it. Nothing in any of the menus I've scrolled through.

It seems to be pretty basic in terms of gadgets and techie stuffs. Definitely no Windows OS on it.

:)

No GPS in a Vertu but it's a slick phone! The gen is anywhere from 1800 to 5000 bucks Great first phone to have R :good: It also shows that you are not drawn like bugs to the light for all the new gadgets that come out. You must be one of the few that have your priorities straight cause gadgets to me are like diamonds to women ;)

Guest Sql_pl

Randy I am glad it arrived.

Now THAT is a picture. Looks great. Have fun with it!

@ takashi - the second group buy is still in power, I am collecting more orders as we speak :)

anyway, any words on the crystal. I heard it's real sapphire.

Genuine is sapphire, i read rep is not, but perhaps those with the reps can say if they've picked up any scratches or not? With the carry case, it probably isn't a problem and not exposed like a watch is. I wouldn't risk testing with a scratch test though, get a sapphire crystal tester.

Congrats to the nice Phone Randy..

Vertu is like buying a designerdresscode ;)

Not really for the technic freaks but it has something special and asthetic..

Agreed, if you want a phone that's a phone (which is probably what Ubi wants), then this will fit the bill, just like most phones, except this will look nicer. Have fun with it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, on my way home, I stopped by the AT&T store and signed up for service; did the plan for just the SIM card and no contract or commitment required B)

Got home, popped in the SIM and we're in business. Everytihng's crystal clear, so I'm pleased :)

At any rate... A couple of quick, messy shots. Sorry they aren't the best...

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

Watch for scale:

IMG_2456.jpg

For my needs, this phone is perfect; I didn't even sign up for the text or data plan. Voice only for me, as I somehow doubt I'll be using it much for even that. Perhaps the cost of the phone is a bit much for my requirements, but what the hey; you only live once right?

Some impressions:

-First and foremost; this phone is heavy. Very substantial feel and presence in the hand.

-Some of the keys aren't finished to the best of quality. I wonder if I can maybe polish them out, or if it's even worth trying?

-Ti for the phone casing shows every hand and fingerprint possible. Actually, I could almost swear that if I even think of fingerprints, they'll show up :) Good thing for the polishing cloth. My wife is already giving me a hard time for constantly wiping the Ti parts down.

Operation seems to be quite easy and simple. My 4yo son has figured out how to operate certain functions on the phone already :g:

Overall, not a bad purchase for something that I probably needed a long time ago.

:)

Cheers,

R

Guest Sql_pl

Ok Randy these pics are AMAZING!!!!!

Unbelievable!

I think I need a new camera!

Oh and you are such a tease with that Daytona-Vertu pic.... you know I can't take one like this yet!! :) :)

Wear it well my friend!

• 3 months later...