When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu in UK

Tomhighway

Anybody in Uk bought one of these Ascent Ti models. So far they dont work on O2 or Vodaphone. When you put a voda Sim in the unit it does come up "Voda" on the screen but thats as far as it goes If you try to call the phone its continually engaged or unobtainable if you dial out. I spoke to a Mobile phone guy who is very knowledgeable and he says the phone has been blocked by Vodaphone and may also be blocked by other operators!!? So far it only works on Orange and Virgin.

Not trying to ruin anybodys market here but Id like to get this blasted thing working!!!

TomH

Edited by Tomhighway

We have 5 networks in UK ,Vodafone , o2 , Orange , Virgin and T-Mobile . the phones work on Orange and Virgin , I havn`t tried T-Mobile.

I think they are blocked by Vodaphone :-( I have tried Pay as you go sim cards from both Voda and O2 and none of them work . I think they have been blocked at the network end , maybe like they block stolen phones? but Im no expert on this!

TomH

Edited by Tomhighway

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just got one of these Vertu Ascent Ti phones, look fab but definately not working with O2 which I am on, or Vodaphone or 3G !

I thought the term of being 'unlocked' meant you could stick any sim card in and hey presto ! Looks like I will have get on Orange but I was wondering if I put my work phone on divert to Orange will that eat up the minutes??

Oh well, still a nice phone !!!!

Ive had this argument with a couple of UK providers (worst bunch are o2)

Ive had foreign bought handsets either blocked or become blocked after previously being OK !!!!!

Im convinced they are veto'ing non UK IMEIs when used with their SIMs (B~~tards!)

Needless to say they deny its happening.

@Tom

Where did you buy this handset from?

I had one of these, bought from vegas xmas of 07 and worked fine with all of the sim cards i had at the time, orange, o2 and vodafone. If you have bought these from ebay or something like that then the person you purchased it from may have blocked the handset.