When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Datejust Pictorial

RobbieG

Well here is the rest of them. I'm glad that I finally got around to shooting this piece. It has been getting a lot of wear lately as I guess I am enjoying a return to elegance and simplicity and this is a natural companion to that. I must say that this piece is the single toughest ever to capture with natural light which is all I ever use in photography. I had a real tough time with the reflective surfaces. The dial is just stunning in terms of depth of color and I wish I could say I really captured all the nuances. Oh well. Here is the best I could do today...

DJ8.jpg

DJ10.jpg

DJ1.jpg

DJ6.jpg

DJ7.jpg

DJ4.jpg

Datejust5.jpg

DJ2.jpg

Datejust4.jpg

Datejust2.jpg

DJ13.jpg

Simply gorgeous. I've always been partial to the DJ, even though it's too small for me. And I still like it, maybe even more so, with the update rehaut ring, the brushed / polish oyster bracelet, and the wider lugs. The rhodium roman dial with SS and WG, smooth bezel, and oyster bracelet is simply to die for.... The day they make it in 40mm, I'm all over it.

Enjoy!

You are too kind. There is usually a lot of "room noise" in my pics because I don't use a tent or light box so you always see those imperfect reflections in the polished surfaces. I get rid of a lot of it in processing but not all. Anyway, I'm just an amatuer at best. I could probably improve a lot if I used a controlled light environment, but I love the realism natural light brings to the watches so to me the sacrifice is worth it.

On those same lines, that is what I always loved about many of Bytor's works. Many of them are "out in a room somewhere" and it somehow humanizes the watches for me. You are my hero BT!

Excellent piece Robbie. I am a fan of the less dressy rollies. Your photography skills are brilliant too, well worthy of being used in a DJ catalogue!

Yes, the acting boss of New Jersey wears his yellow gold Day-Date President with Champagne dial and fluted bezel with pride - and Jimmy G. is one big dude. Big boys CAN wear 36MM watches - they just have to be confident in their masculinity. LOL...

It was big enough for Tony Soprano Chief!

• 2 months later...

Yes, Tony's watch is a yellow gold Day-Date with President bracelet, fluted bezel and the classic old Champagne dial as I had mentioned, but I'm not sure if the dial has diamond markers or batons. I don't think it is romans - although given his heritage maybe it should be...

True!!! Technically I think his was a Presidential model in yellow gold, but the same size.