When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

Woooohoooo! Congrats Dluddy! :1a:

You even have the bezel numbers positioned perfectly. Guess I no longer have the best Polar Explorer. :bangin:

But my pics are nicer! :bleh:

2b_s.jpg

2-1.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... how do you like it? It's an incredible watch, isn't it? The dial means EVERYTHING on the white ExpII... no rep dial looks like that.

I'd buy a gen "whitey" if my franken wasn't so good.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

It's the one Rollie I'd buy a genuine of but after comparing it to Stephane's genuine Black dial, I'm happy with my Franken.

The dial does make the watch....and Ziggy C1 lumed the hands to match - if only I could take a decent lume shot I'd show you :rolleyes:

Not really... your rep is the good one. Same base rep as ours... it just needs a new dial. Too bad the gen dial won't fit to all of these... and I don't know how to determine which ones. :(

I do agree with you guys.

Stick a gen dial in a watch and you have "an as close as it can be one".

We often look for gen crowns or tubes, but the dial is something to consider first.

It "makes" the watch.

Comparing my gen 16570 to the franken here, the first obvious doubt about it being a gen is the dial.

Genuine dials aren't so expensive and are worth in my humble opinion.

This for modern Rolex of course...vintage is out of our budget range anyway.

While shopping with JoJo today we heard one of these vintage dial went for ...oh, no, I can't say this..it's way to insane.

All this to finaly say: great watches guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

think he said 28mm... i know it was not 29mm... I need new hands too... maybe I should just buy a gen :)

Sometimes it's easier. I got tired of constantly modding and fixing my GMT... and then the CHS movement broke. That was the last straw and I bought the gen. Good news is that ExpII's are much cheaper than Sub, SD and GMT II in the second hand market. You can find good ones for around $3K... especially if you're not super anal about the condition and don't mind the tritium dial.

@toomuchgear: those vintage MM are pulling me seriously to start looking for a mini fiddy... I just couldn't wear a 47mm... but trying to keep away from a vintage pannie, even though imaging it with a very heavily distressed vintage leather... mmmhhhh, makes me vintage hungry.

today I've been wearing my Deltick 005, on a TC marina strap bought from Rolli quite some time ago.

Pics taken with the phone camera during a short braek at work.

post-850-1219722992_thumb.jpg

post-850-1219723018_thumb.jpg

off to bed, bye!

Chino.

Chino,

The mini fiddy is a great choice, really the best of both worlds with the case style and 44mm size. Go vintage!!!

Finally making headway through my computer dilemma, but no time yet for any new wristies. But here are 2 of the projects currently on my bench

rols17640181.jpg

(Specifications subject to change.)

To Stephane, JoJo & everyone at the NYC GTG - Have fun, I wish I could have joined you.