When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one is the gen Blacksteel?

PureTime

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I would worry too much about some one saying, "Excuse me, can you hold your wrist still and over in the light so I can examine your lume dot?"

I don`t care if anyone notices it,I notice it.....bothers me.

Nobody else like that,there is always something,and it drives me nuts that i know about it and am the person wearing it,hence my lack of interest in buying reps anymore,though nobody will notice the flaw,i do.

I don`t care if anyone notices it,I notice it.....bothers me.

Nobody else like that,there is always something,and it drives me nuts that i know about it and am the person wearing it,hence my lack of interest in buying reps anymore,though nobody will notice the flaw,i do.

Dave - I agree with you on principal - but I have got to remind you - there frigg'n Reps man!

That's why we pay $300.00 for a $5,000.00 + watch. Believe me - the flaws bug me too and I have spent thousands on mod projects to get a watch as close to Gen as possible. I get great satisfaction out of my mod projects, but in the end - it is and will always just be a REP!

If you want perfect - buy a Gen - other wise, if this watch is in the same family of recent "Super" Reps and they don't go too crazy with the price, it will be money well spent if you like this type of watch...

Edited by jake48

If they release that with a Blacksteel bracelet...I'm all over it

There is no Blacksteel bracelet - gen comes on rubber divers with BS buckle.

As for which is the gen, well my lips are sealed ;) There is a tiny imperceptible very individual tell, but to give you a clue, I'm guessing 99% of you are scrutinising the wrong watch. I'm not sure it's even visibly noticeable on the pic, but then I confess a slight advantage as I know it's there so my mind sees it.

Ah to hell with it, you've all guessed it anyway, the bloody lume dot fetishists are out in force. To those who whine, good - more available for the rest of us. If it bothers you, feel free to PM me with good offers for my gen. Yes that's right because once I receive this watch on the bottom right, my gen is history. That's how frickin' good this rep is!!!!

Angus => :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Me => :Jumpy:

If this is the new V2 (which it looks like) What process was used on the SS? As it looks closer to the real deal than the PVD V1....

The exact same process used in the gen....titanium-carbon-nitride aka DLC (diamond-like carbon), penetrates beneath the surface of the metal making it more scratch resistant than the normal PVD external coating.

Knowing angus (He has never actually replied to any of my order emails or questions in the 3 years I have been into reps) he will not be back with more info for about 6 months :)

Funny - I've bought 4 watches from him and he always responds in a few days - spare parts take a while, but they always get there as well.

During New Year you can forget about hearing from him - but most of Asia is like that

He's one of my most reliable dealers.

hell, i order from angus, we don't even send a single email back and forth, i just get my confirmations, and i get my sh*t in 5-7 days...

what do you need to 'talk' to him for?!?! if you want it, order it! it's that simple with Angus!

I can only imagine what kind of email these dealers get from people...

The exact same process used in the gen....titanium-carbon-nitride aka DLC (diamond-like carbon), penetrates beneath the surface of the metal making it more scratch resistant than the normal PVD external coating.

Yes! This one will be ordered as soon as it's out.

If you want perfect - buy a Gen

I did,in the avatar.... ;)

Ya,for reps,the Skylands are as good as it gets,if not for being a rep forum member for so long now,i would love the Skyland reps,as good as it gets,but being on the forums makes you so fussy,all of them bother me now.... :rolleyes:

I still have a mellow yellow HBB arriving tomorrow though,can't help it.... :bangin:

I guess we will have to wait instead of getting the one already on the market.. differences can be seen quite easily!!! Really looking forward to see when the new version comes out!!!

please keep putting updates!

Yeah. Hmm who is going to buy the V1's at all then the new one comes out?

I still have a mellow yellow HBB arriving tomorrow though,can't help it.... :bangin:

I can see that you clearly suffer from an incurable disease called "Repitus" Symptoms include, but are not limited to:

1- Uncontrolled urge to check Rep web sites compulsively, sometimes more than 10 times a day.

2- Stating out loud and to no one in particular, but to whom ever will listen, "Really, this is the last watch I am going to buy..."

3- Spending inordinate sums of money to "Mod" a Rep knowing that it will still, in the end - just be a Rep...

4- Complaining that there is just no d@mn reason the Chinese can't make a "perfect" 1:1 copy, so the only logical conclusion must be a conspiracy by the "Factories" to get us to buy more watches...

5- Reviewing finances and thinking not in terms of how much money you have left in this weeks budget, but in terms of how much is left over as it equates to watches you need that are still "on the list"...

6- Hiding watches from the wife and when asked by friends how many watches you own, understating by saying, "Oh, a few..."

7- Posting to Rep boards that Reps have too many "flaws" yet ordering more...

If you suffer from any of these symptoms you are almost certain to live a life of unfulfilled wanting. The only known way to cure oneself is to go "Cold Turkey" and renounce all watches - both Gen and Rep.

Of course, if you feel that you have contracted this disease and would like to rid yourself of the cause (your current watch collection) I will be more than happy to avail myself of your need.

Please PM me and I will give you the address to send the watches to ;)