When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one is the gen Blacksteel?

PureTime

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing angus (He has never actually replied to any of my order emails or questions in the 3 years I have been into reps) he will not be back with more info for about 6 months :)

If you are out there give us some more info and I will hand over my Credit card and would have many times over in the past.

Bottom left is the gen. The other two are both V2 reps, the only giveaway without more detailed photos is the misaligned 4:00 lume dot. The top image looks darker, but I'd but that to lighting. Bottom line is that I would have no problem walking in to an AD with that watch on my wrist.

Bottom left is the gen. The other two are both V2 reps, the only giveaway without more detailed photos is the misaligned 4:00 lume dot. The top image looks darker, but I'd but that to lighting. Bottom line is that I would have no problem walking in to an AD with that watch on my wrist.

Considering we are merely looking at pictures (all be it three times the normal size of the watch) this watch looks very promising. I am with you on it looks good enough to browse through a Gen store on the wrist (please don't go on a "Never wear your Rep into an AD" tirade - I am not saying to do it - I am just saying the watch looks good enough to pass the test)

If in fact this is a picture of two Reps and a Gen, the Reps at top and right and the Gen at left, the picture illustrates perfectly what I have been saying about trying to take a picture of a black watch to show it's finish (five pictures of the same watch and you can end up with five pictures that show the finish look totally different from each other due to lighting alone). I think the finish on the top watch may look different due to the lighting.

Either way - a watch this rare that looks this close to Gen will pass the test 99.9% of the time as most people have never even seen the watch in person - including staff at an AD...

Bad a$$ looking watch - hope the price isn't too killer (I have heard it may be on the high side) - looks like I might add this to the collection. ;)

Dave, i agree. It pisses me off so much that they are SO CLOSE to perfect rep and still they always manage to screw little things up. ;) I guess we cant have it all!! Enjoy it for what it is guys! the rep is pretty good actually.

Very easy to tell by looking at the lume dots on the gen,bottom left,all of them,the reps are not close.

Dave, i agree. It pisses me off so much that they are SO CLOSE to perfect rep and still they always manage to screw little things up. ;) I guess we cant have it all!! Enjoy it for what it is guys! the rep is pretty good actually.

+1

- I wish I didn't have to settle on these little flaws, but truthfully, if we didn't have such an anal group of guys who spent hours combing over pictures blown up 3x, we may never have even noticed some of the very minor differences.

I am not sure I would worry too much about some one saying, "Excuse me, can you hold your wrist still and over in the light so I can examine your lume dot?"

Edited by jake48