When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ever seen a sheared rotor screw?

I just got the Ferrari Panerai chrono from TTK yesterday and it looks good but the rotor was rattling around in the case. I took it to a watch guy and he opened it while I watched, the rotor was loose but when we turned it upside down only the head of the screw holding the rotor fell out. The screw head sheared off so he couldn't even replace the screw, threaded portion still screwed it.

I sent a PM to TTK, waiting to hear back but I don't think anything can be done short of replacing the movt. Any recommendations?

Sorry you got a bad one. TTK does not respond to PMs you will have to email him.

Usil

I sent him an e-mail as well but he has replied to my PM's, when I was buying the watch from him of course.

I don't think anything can be done but to replace the movt., its a cheap crappy little asian movt. anyway so no big loss.

BTW, yes I have seen this. I bought a brietling off of another member (one that I have done business with many times as well as met and drank with when he has been in town) but when it arrived in the mail, the rotor and screw top were rattling around in the case. So it can happen if it takes a harder that usual smack while in transit.