When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who buys Bentley Motors & Motors T ?

yodap

Hi guys...

I really don't know why people buy these models in replica...

The seconds aren't running in the correct place, and THEY DON'T HAVE A 30 SECS CHRONO!

INSTANT GIVEAWAY!

If you like bentley models, go for the 6.75 or the GT! (or the flying B chrono, but it's a bit other style...)

Hope this helps people who want to buy a new Breitling for Benley...

Greetz!

The Motors, GT and 6.75 all have bezel width issues (white area is too thick and not curvend like the gen) as well as moving crystals when you turn the bezel (gen crystal shoudnt move right?). Did this change? My good friend has a genuine Motors and it is AWESOME.

Yes, i know all this stuff you mentioned, almost every people think that it's a HEV on the left side, but it's the gearing system... even the 6.75 and the GT aren't perfect but they are a LOT BETTER than the motors. If I'd buy a GEN bentley, I'd choose the motors too!

The seconds aren't running in the correct place,

I do wonder why this is, they could always use the movement from the 6.75 big date -

Then again, Bentleys are so sparkly and complicated only a real WIS is going to notice the chrono arrangement.

Most people are just "OMG! Is that a Breitling?!!!"

I do wonder why this is, they could always use the movement from the 6.75 big date -

Then again, Bentleys are so sparkly and complicated only a real WIS is going to notice the chrono arrangement.

Most people are just "OMG! Is that a Breitling?!!!"

Actually, spotting gen Breitlings is not that rare. Spotting gen Breitling Bentleys, on the other hand, is a rare event.

It's a flashy "I've got money" kind of watch that only seems suited to a particular kind of person, so I become especially critical to size up the wearer and whether they are genuine.

My own personal opinion: don't wear a Bentley unless you can really pull off the look, which means you can probably afford the car to go along with the watch.

I wouldn't say that about other watches inspired by cars, such as the Ferrari or Porsche, but with Bentley it just seems in poor taste. Just my personal opinion.

My own personal opinion: don't wear a Bentley unless you can really pull off the look, which means you can probably afford the car to go along with the watch.

I would agree only in the way that other flashy watches are harder to pull off.

But a gen steel Bentley can be had for around 6K, which doesn't put it beyond your typical engineer or real estate broker, especially if they're dressy. Hell, I've seen warehouse workers blow 6 grand on a TV set, through the miracle of easy credit.

You don't need to be in the Bentley car class to pull off a Breitling Bentley

Hi guys...

The seconds aren't running in the correct place, and THEY DON'T HAVE A 30 SECS CHRONO!

INSTANT GIVEAWAY!

If you like bentley models, go for the 6.75 or the GT! (or the flying B chrono, but it's a bit other style...)

Greetz!

Why don't you share with us what is in your collection, and I'll be glad to share my commentary on your taste, and question some of the choices you've made. If you compare the Motors T to some of the new Breitling reps, it doesn't compare as well, but if you consider when it came out a year or so ago, it wasn't too bad. I still work mine into the rotation as I have a big wrist and can pull it off (as well as the income). None of my associates are WIS. Many time the details (flaws) that we think are so obvious to us, go un-noticed by the uninitiated.

Hi guys...

INSTANT GIVEAWAY!

Greetz!

Not really of any help, just a very biased opinion. The reps are good, espeically after a decent AR coating. Again wear it as a rep and you're fine, try and fob it off as a gen and you're instantly asking for trouble

Why don't you share with us what is in your collection, and I'll be glad to share my commentary on your taste, and question some of the choices you've made. If you compare the Motors T to some of the new Breitling reps, it doesn't compare as well, but if you consider when it came out a year or so ago, it wasn't too bad. I still work mine into the rotation as I have a big wrist and can pull it off (as well as the income). None of my associates are WIS. Many time the details (flaws) that we think are so obvious to us, go un-noticed by the uninitiated.

Hi!

I just began to collect reps, after 1 month of comparing the bentleys (i like them the most, next will be i think a BCE) i found the 6.75 the best deal. I did also collect reps, but not the HQ ones, only asians, but I have round 50 pieces of 'em :D . I say everyone that my watch's fake, but NOBODY believes, in my country there aren't too much super reps...

I think in other countries (especially USA) there is the problem different: no one believes you that you've got the real thing, so let's say, I'm lucky :D

dead giveaway or not ... i don't care

i can pull it off so that makes me cooler than everyone else ;)

just this afternoon, i was wearing mine while i ate lunch @ a local restaurant

this guy was walking past me when he stopped dead in his tracks to look @ my wrist

we exchanged a few pleasantries & he asked me where i got it from

so i told him to go to www.rwg.cc & look around ...

I think in other countries (especially USA) there is the problem different: no one believes you that you've got the real thing, so let's say, I'm lucky :D

Oh, really? That has not been my experience, and I live in the USA. My collection contains 50+ watches (1/3 gens of various value, and 2/3 reps). Nobody has ever question me whether my watch is rep. I usually manage to get compliments about my watches. I do select watches that suit my taste, and are reasonable for someone of my age, profession, and income. I'd be surprised if anyone I know is really aware of rep watches (except that there are a lot of fake rolexes - that why I seldom wear one - many people do assume that a rolex could be a fake). The Motors T is the only Bentley that I own. I do not care for the bezel on the other Bentleys. I like the machined bezel face on the Motors T. I am willing to overlook some flaws at the price that I purchased the watch (less than $230usd new shipped). I admit it is only worn on certain occasions, but I intend on keeping it in the collection. Fot the money, it is a lot of watch. I do agree that if someone is just getting into Breitlings, there are much better choices out there now.